Availability of 22 ammo

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
geobru
Levergunner 3.0

Availability of 22 ammo

Post by geobru »

Is it my imagination or is 22 lr ammo a lot more common on the shelves since the election?
The frequency of seeing it at the local Bi-Mart has increased from once a month to once per week with enough inventory to last for several days. They allow you to buy 100 rounds at a time unless it is a larger sized brick.
I went into the local hardware store and they had a 525 round brick of Federal blue box for $29!

What are you guys seeing in your regions?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Availability of 22 ammo

Post by AJMD429 »

geobru wrote:I went into the local hardware store and they had a 525 round brick of Federal blue box for $29!
If you take into account inflation, that's probably cheaper than I was paying in the 1970's... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bulldog »

Checked our local Wally World last night, and they had none. Same as usual.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Found those same Federals at Dicks for $40 but buy one and get the second for half price, no limit. Wally World had 50 count boxes for $3.50, limit 3. So yes, I think they are much more available since the election.

I'll bet it was a Russian conspiracy. You know, they hacked into the re-stocking part of the corporate computers while fixing the election?
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

It was starting to show up more but when killery got nominated it disappeared again
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

The local Cabelas has been stocked full, of every type of rimfire ammo, for several months now. No limit like Bi-Mart has.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Until I can buy 22LRs for less than a buck a box of 50, I ain't gonna be shuetin up my stash, that's for sure.
I'm hoping and praying that things change drastically in a couple weeks, until then I'm letting caution be my budget coordinator.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

J Miller wrote:Until I can buy 22LRs for less than a buck a box of 50, I ain't gonna be shuetin up my stash, that's for sure.
I'm hoping and praying that things change drastically in a couple weeks, until then I'm letting caution be my budget coordinator.

Joe

Under .02 per round......invent a time machine. :lol:
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

J Miller wrote:Until I can buy 22LRs for less than a buck a box of 50, I ain't gonna be shuetin up my stash, that's for sure.

Joe
No law against dreaming !
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

The only 22 ammo I've seen here in So. Oregon is Federal, but not a lot of it. Bricks go first usually in about an hour, and then individual boxes, but they're $4.99! Needless to say I ain't bought none... :roll:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
1894c

Post by 1894c »

We have Federal, CCI, Remington, and some Winchester...it averages about $38.00 per brick, but it's here, not necessarily mountains of it, but you can find it... :)
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

I havn't seen a box of 22's in 3 years
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I've been ordering ammo, especially .22, from Target Sports USA...free shipping on case lots. You might find it cheaper, but I got tired of driving around, and finding it all gone, or a couple box limit. I'm at about 15,000 .22s, and I'll stop when I get to 20,000. Daughter will prolly get half that. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Warhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Warhawk »

Plenty of 22 ammo available here in Arkansas, everywhere except wall mart.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

At a local Field & Streams here in PA they had Federal 325 rd bulk packs for $24.99 and only one other 22lr offering from Remington in the fancier 100 rd plastic box. Not exactly sure of the price though but believe it was $9.99.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Academy Sports and Outdoors in Waxahachie, TX has a good stock of it. Some of what they have in stock is Aguila. About 5 different brands of target ammo. CCI, Wolf, and others.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

I haven't seen it getting any better around my parts.

I've only seen .22 long rifle at a Bi-Mart maybe three times in the last 8 years or so now. But They were still fairly priced as in 6.99 for the 100rd. CCI mini-mags. They always were twice the price of the bulk ammo, so I would assume the bulk 500rd bricks would still be in the $20 range, but I haven't ever seen them in I don't know how long.

I have seen .22's on occasion at a few other sporting good stores around town, not often. It is exciting to see every once in a while. The problem is the stores you see it in are charging three or four times what they are worth and I will not pay it, likely others are not either and that's why its available, but obviously people do pay it, because it wont sit on the shelf to long before there is none again. I wish people would quit paying the inflated prices and let them choke on it.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Udy wrote:I haven't seen it getting any better around my parts.

I've only seen .22 long rifle at a Bi-Mart maybe three times in the last 8 years or so now. But They were still fairly priced as in 6.99 for the 100rd. CCI mini-mags. They always were twice the price of the bulk ammo, so I would assume the bulk 500rd bricks would still be in the $20 range, but I haven't ever seen them in I don't know how long.

I have seen .22's on occasion at a few other sporting good stores around town, not often. It is exciting to see every once in a while. The problem is the stores you see it in are charging three or four times what they are worth and I will not pay it, likely others are not either and that's why its available, but obviously people do pay it, because it wont sit on the shelf to long before there is none again. I wish people would quit paying the inflated prices and let them choke on it.

Where in Oregon are you? In the PDX Metro area the shelves are full at Cabelas, Dicks, Sportsmans Warehouse,etc and the prices are not inflated. Bi-Mart has plenty. They just limit how much you can buy.
Udy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Udy »

jdad wrote:
Udy wrote:I haven't seen it getting any better around my parts.

Where in Oregon are you? In the PDX Metro area the shelves are full at Cabelas, Dicks, Sportsmans Warehouse,etc and the prices are not inflated. Bi-Mart has plenty. They just limit how much you can buy.
Gresham, I go to bi-mart all the time, never see it. Those other stores I seldom ever go into, but amongst the ones I was referring to as selling at jacked up prices. I won't pay it.
I did use to like the sportsmans before it turned into what ever that Canadian company was that bought them out. Never was the same again.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Targetmaster. http://www.targetmaster.com Has and always has had all of the 22 ammo you can carry. Right now CCI Mini Mags are 4 for a 5000 case. Then there's Remington bucket of bullets ...all kinds of stuff I can't remember. They advertise on Gunbroker and will ship for all of your shooting needs. As for .223 ammo ...at the moment you can buy a 1000 round case of Remington UMC 55 fmj for $300.-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

shiloh505
Levergunner

Post by shiloh505 »

I work at Cabela's in Centerville, Ohio. We've had plenty of .22 LR since we opened in April 2016, no limits and it's always in stock. The best price is CCI at about $4.00 a box of 50 but we carry bulk boxes as well.
BobM
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BobM »

Last week I found 22 Magnum ammo and this week 22 Minimags at my local Walmart. I've not seen 22 ammo there for a while. There is a Bass Pro and 3 Cabelas locations within an hour or so drive that have almost always had some 22 in stock for months
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I kind of gave up on all the cheap bulk stuff. My LGS has been selling me RWS rifle match for $45 a brick. I don't shoot as fast as I used to, I shoot with more purpose.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.