And the winner is...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

And the winner is...

Post by GunnyMack »

ME!
I bid on a CZ Ringneck 410 and won the auction!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: And the winner is...

Post by 2ndovc »

Way cool!!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Just curious...what do people do with 410's? Yea, I know we don't need a reason and I've had a few of them over the years but I got bored of them fast and sold 'em.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Congratulations on the CZ.
Sixgun wrote:Just curious...what do people do with 410's? Yea, I know we don't need a reason and I've had a few of them over the years but I got bored of them fast and sold 'em.-----6
I started my shotgunning with a .410 over 50 years ago and although I have 12s 16s 20s & 28s the .410 is my favorite gauge. You need to get a little closer and aim small but a difficult shot with a .410 is worth 10 easy shots with a 12 gauge.. :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Gunny,
Congrats! I like the Ringneck in .410, 28, and 20 ga. You should have some fun with it.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Thanks!
Yes I shoot a 12 for Olympic trap, but I love to hunt with small gauges.

This should be a bit of a learning curve for me, I've never owned a double before, let alone a double trigger gun!

I tried some of my reloads this morning from my Hi Standard skeet gun, a crossing R-L about 35-40 yards out, 1/2 oz of 7&1/2's crushed them!

This CZ has upgraded wood, I can't wait to see it in person!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Tom Watt successfully hunted chukar and pheasant with an 1100.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

1894c

Post by 1894c »

I got into .410 this year (Mossberg 410HS) and it's been a blast to shoot, more effective with buck-shot and Hornady Critical Defense load than I expected (follow-up shots are quick, recoil is nothing)---AND it's the only shotgun my wife can shot effectively... GunnyMack, lucky man...enjoy the double CZ... :)
50359.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The small gauges are FUN!
My first was a Remington 1148 in 28 ga. Used it for small game.sadly I traded it off.
Then I got a Hi Standard Flight King with a skeet choked barrel. 3" #5's were deadly on jumping ducks! Still have it.
Then I bought a Ruger Red Label 28, I shoot my own reloads, Dillon SL900 loads great ammo, use the 28 for American trap, sporting clays and bird hunting.
I'm excited to get the CZ, tried some Lil'Gun loads out of my Hi Standard, worked very well breaking L to R crossers about 35-40 yards with 1/2 oz of 7&1/2!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I've always enjoyed shooting the .410 and have had a bunch over the years.

These two are my fave's. Knocked off a ton of red squirrels around my cabin. Like the old WWII movies and shootin' snipers out of the trees! :D

Both have been re-chambered to 3" .410
They're a real hoot with slugs and 00 loads!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
superchicken
Levergunner 2.0

Post by superchicken »

My go to upland gun is a CZ Bobwhite in 20 ga. CZ makes a good gun, but some can be a bit oversprung. The 410 is tempting because they are so light and slender in the hand. Like others here, I grew up with a 410. It was a great squirrel gun, but I'm not enough of a wingshot to be comfortable with one for upland. My desert quail just don't hold like eastern bobwhites. The shots are just too long for the smallbore. I've known people who use them for upland and waterfowl and have enormous respect for anyone who can paint the big canvas with the small brush.
Last edited by superchicken on Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
walks with gun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by walks with gun »

I bumped off a heck of a lot of grouse and woodcock with a SxS 410 double years ago, make sure the chokes are not full and don't let them flush too far before you shoot.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

When I was 12 my folks got me an Ithica double in 410. I was so proud! Dad and I duck hunted a lot and the first thing I killed with it was a Canada goose. I used it for everything until I graduated to the 16. It still resides in the back of my safe but belongs to my eldest Grandson who is active Navy.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm not overly fond of tight chokes in field guns. I shoot skeet/ mod in my Red Label 28. Good to 35 yards with skeet- the pheasants don't usually get quite that far... especially with my Hevishot reloads!
The CZ is choked IC/M so not much difference between the two guns, just a slight learning curve for me. Haven't decided if I'm going to shoot 3" or 2&1/2's yet...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
guntar
Levergunner 1.0

Post by guntar »

Congratulations on the new double. The only caution I would give you is to check the tightness of the patterns. European guns tend to be set up more for un-sleeved shot charges which do not shoot as tight a pattern as U.S. loads (especially U.S. target loads). You may be getting a lot tighter patterns than you think you are. Good luck with it!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

First thing I'm going to do is check the barrel regulation with some slugs, then I'll get to patterning it.
Good info on the European vs American loads, thank you!
I have always found that 410's pattern much tighter then you would think. Long shot column to bore dia. But tend to have more flyers...
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I love the 410 ,I have three a Springfield m6 scout in 22/410, a savage milano and a win94/410
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats!!! :D :D :D