Finally went woods-walking with a levergun again...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Finally went woods-walking with a levergun again...

Post by AJMD429 »

Went for a short woods-walk today because it was my day off (so I only had to work 10 hours :| ).

For the first time in quite a while I just took my little 357 Rossi levergun instead of an AR-15; somehow I feel the nation has started back towards sanity and away from divisiveness, and the levergun kind of symbolizes that peace.

Now don't get me wrong; I still like my semiautos, but feel a little less likely to need them without the prospect of a Hitlery as POTUS.

Seems like just MAYBE, the working middle-class might get a chance for the first time in four decades.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dea ... c62488970e

I wonder how many of the spoiled little college-girls (many of them with y-chromosomes) actually realize that the blue collar and rural, white, middle-class males that they think are so yucky just combined forces with enough Hispanics and blacks and women who understand the truth to save the country they will grow old in.

It would be nice to get some credit and respect for that, but I would settle for just the thought that maybe they won't destroy and dismantle it the way the Millennials almost did.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Finally went woods-walking with a levergun again...

Post by Blaine »

I pray that last night bodes well for the USA. So many young people bought into that Deplorable Theme :roll:
We are already seeing violence in a few streets. After our President takes office, I hope that anarchy is stomped on, and Rule of Law re-introduced to our country. It's truly sad that my wish is deemed as Code, and a dog whistle for racism, and bigotry.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

BlaineG wrote:, I hope that anarchy is stomped on, and Rule of Law re-introduced to our country. .

Our country was founded on a little anarchy, - never forget. I don't know where to draw the line on whats good vs bad though. -- I realiz3e the guys' throwing Molotov cocktails in the streets now are not the same as the ones who boarded the ships and tossed the tea overboard in 1773, --- but as I said, -- a little bit of anarchy and questioning the government should hopefully keep 'em in line

However, -- I almost think this election was the ultimate expression of anarchy by people who see through the b-s and are willing to give a total wild card a shot at the most important job in AmericA
----- Doug
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Streetstar wrote:... are willing to give a total wild card a shot at the most important job in AmericA
I'd paraphrase "willing to" as "desperate enough"...

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I don't get it. Obama was elected twice, and those who were anti Obama just went on with life. Hildabeast looses, kids protest on campus, at city halls, and cry because she lost. I guess kids these days were raised with the attitude that they deserve to win every time, that when life smacks them in the face they just fall apart.

Thank Heaven for those rednecks and their properly raised kids.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

Jeep, those whiny kids all got trophies and never kept score in there sports when growing up.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

hondo1892 wrote:Jeep, those whiny kids all got trophies and never kept score in there sports when growing up.
And unfortunately, well-intended members of the 'Greatest Generation' generally tended to spoil the 'Boomers', who tried to emulate the mid-20th-Century lifestyles of their parents, but wound up having to put both parents to work overtime to do what one hard working parent could do a generation ago, so there was a lack of parenting, as well as discipline.

These are generalities, and probably not applicable to many 'levergun' households, but sadly I think were more often the norm.

Then, by the time the Millenials were raising kids of their own, marriage became an outdated concept, and taking advantage of any and every handout or government 'program' became a replacement for having parents and an intact family.

We reap what we sow.... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Streetstar wrote:
BlaineG wrote:, I hope that anarchy is stomped on, and Rule of Law re-introduced to our country. .

Our country was founded on a little anarchy, - never forget. I don't know where to draw the line on whats good vs bad though. -- I realiz3e the guys' throwing Molotov cocktails in the streets now are not the same as the ones who boarded the ships and tossed the tea overboard in 1773, --- but as I said, -- a little bit of anarchy and questioning the government should hopefully keep 'em in line

However, -- I almost think this election was the ultimate expression of anarchy by people who see through the b-s and are willing to give a total wild card a shot at the most important job in AmericA
+1!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

YES! To all of the above. Doc, you said exactly what I've said for years. It's all FDR's & Ike's fault...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

A cousin's wife posted on Facebook that she was tired of this stuff about only college educated women matter. She stated that she is not college educated, has a job, pays her bills, is happily married, and voted for Trump because Hitlery left her feeling as if she were not wanted. Stephanie V is one of the type of women that you would choose for a family member if you could choose. My cousin Will chose well. There are some millenials who were raised right.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost