scope mounting on dovetailed receivers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
308magtip
Levergunner 2.0

scope mounting on dovetailed receivers

Post by 308magtip »

I have a Winchester model 69a 22.Bought it new early 1960.I know it is not a levergun but scope mounting sould not matter.I need info on rings that fit dovetails and still have the top piece with screws on each side.My present one is a weaver style and getting the crosshairs perfectly verticle is almost impossible.Any help with make and model rings.DO NOT want to dril and tap..
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: scope mounting on dovetailed receivers

Post by Pete44ru »

I've long (40-odd years) mounted scopes with 1" tubes on all my .22RF's (including my Winchester Model 69A), for a clear/bright sight picture, with one of these ringsets:

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/295224 ... fgod1nAN5w

http://www.burrisoptics.com/mounting-sy ... rgun-rings

If you google "grooved .22 rimfire scope rings for sale", you will bring up a plethora of different makes/styles/priced scope rings that should float your boat.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

The "old" style for mounting scopes on 22's use 3/8 dovetail rings. Can also use air gun rings. Easy enough to find, any of the gun shops in your area probably have a set.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
retmech
Levergunner 2.0

Post by retmech »

Most Walmarts have what you're looking for.