land question

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

land question

Post by rjohns94 »

Anyone know about the San Luis - Costiia, Colorado area? Looking at some land there and wanted to hear about the area and hunting opportunities there.

Thanks in advance
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: land question

Post by Grizz »

not the kind of info you're asking about, but perhaps something to reckon with anyway.

http://www.amtvmedia.com/costilla-count ... to-desert/
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

From what I gather, Mike, there's opportunity for deer, elk, etc once you get far away from E-Z road access, but some of the state management areas are "fishing only".

Maybe you get yourself one of the new QuietKat electric mountain bikes to get back in there: http://www.quietkat.com/

Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I have seen listings for land in this area cheap , as well as a lot of owner-finance operations.

I was looking as i thought it would be a great place to put up a tiny house, as i am an avid Mtb'er and this area is in striking distance of Angel Fire/ Taos area

I recall an article somewhere where the county maybe? Was trying to crack down on people "camping out" on their own land without having a home on a permanent foundation though (so how do trailer houses get exempted--sheesh- those are all over )-- edit: just read the link from Grizz's post relating to the same stuff

But i am a handful of years out on such a project, i was just doing some online daydreaming
----- Doug