Unique Powder

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pshort
Levergunner 3.0

Unique Powder

Post by pshort »

Howdy,
Hadn't seen any Unique for quite some time...
Picked up a couple of lbs today at Mills Fleet Farm in Brainerd..
With tax, I think it was $ 21.50 each......

Paul
"Pain plants the flag of reality in the
fortress of a rebel soul"
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Unique Powder

Post by Old Savage »

Good price. It ia available here. Was in Brainerd with the Iowa National Guard at Ripley in the early/mid 70s. Some serious mosquitos up that way.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bulldog »

I haven't seen prices like that in some time, although my local shop currently has the best in stock selection of powder they've been able to get in the last 5 or 6 years. Looks like things are finally easing up, at least around here.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

None of the distributers I normally use have the stuff in stock . However if they have it my cost is about $130-140 per 8 pounder depending on who I use and then you need to add shipping and HAZMAT . And again the amount of shipping and HAZMAT varies depending on how much is in the order .

Now with that being said a old skeet shooting friend decided to stop reloading a few weeks ago . He brought all his stuff to the shop and a friend and I bought everything he had . And in his pile of stuff were 4 eight pounders of Unique . We split them and my two cost me $250 . So $250 for 16 pounds equated into $15.62 a pound .

I also got an 8 pounder of W296 from him a good bit below what I could get it from my ditributers .

Not trying to rub my good fortune in but rather point out of you see it available from some one you know and trust at a decent price by all means buy it if you can !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

6 Point,
That's called good ole Capitalism....it's what made this country great.

I too, buy most of my powders by the 8 or 5 pounders. Once I find a good powder that versatile, I see no need to continue experimenting.

Yea, maybe a little too much "old school"......Unique, Bullseye, Herco, 5744, and for most military cartridges, 4895 or RL-15. Occasionally 4198, 231 or 3031-----MISS......-----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote:6 Point,
That's called good ole Capitalism....it's what made this country great.

I too, buy most of my powders by the 8 or 5 pounders. Once I find a good powder that versatile, I see no need to continue experimenting.

Yea, maybe a little too much "old school"......Unique, Bullseye, Herco, 5744, and for most military cartridges, 4895 or RL-15. Occasionally 4198, 231 or 3031-----MISS......-----6
I've been slowly stocking up my shotgun powders mostly because I'm afraid of what might happen if that b...i.,..t...c...h wins the election .

I still wanna add another 5 pounder of Blue Dot and maybe an 8 pounder of Green Dot and an 8 pounder of Herco .

For rifle powders I could use 3 or 4 more pounds of US-869 for my 26 Nosler , maybe an 8 pounder of IMR4831 and that should be about it !
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Unique is probably one of my all time favorite powders! I'm down to half of an 8 lb. keg, and looking constantly for a deal locally. Thinking about putting a sign on my chest and walk around the local gun shows to see if I can buy whatever somebody is selling from their supply!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

marlinman93 wrote:Unique is probably one of my all time favorite powders! I'm down to half of an 8 lb. keg, and looking constantly for a deal locally. Thinking about putting a sign on my chest and walk around the local gun shows to see if I can buy whatever somebody is selling from their supply!
Well if you lived on the east coast I might have been able to help you out with one or two 8 pounders from the pair I didn't purchase .

I had originally used Unique for cast bullet lever rifle loads and later tried it in the 16 gauge . Now I'll most likely use it in the 16 gauge , work out a load for my 10 gauge 2 7/8" guns and might possibly use it in the 12 gauge .
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

I have 2 lbs of unique left & haven't run across any for 3 years, that said I have bought a lot of
TiteGroup & for me in many revolvers it is more accurate & cleaner
Will I buy Unique? yes if ya can find it!!

Brad