Lever Action Shotguns in Oz

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Lever Action Shotguns in Oz

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

As many know pump and semi-auto shotguns are banned in Australia. The demand for repeating shotguns is still there so several manufacturers most notably in Turkey are producing repeating lever action shotguns which are allowed in Australia through a legal loop hole. Below are 3 new lever action shotguns made in Turkey and sold in Australia. How do you think they would sell here in the USA? I have attached video reviews by the "Shooting Stuff Australia" Youtube channel. I personally prefer the lines of the Adler A110 the best.

Uzkon LA887
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCHVL1MUbVM

Pardus LAX12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXp1ZQOpiMQ

Adler A110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMcgbvL4wuY
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: Lever Action Shotguns in Oz

Post by buckeyeshooter »

About like the Winchester lever action clones. A small core of lever action guys would buy them as a novelty, but I would not spend my life savings on a shipping container full to get rich.
Aussie Chris
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Aussie Chris »

These Turkish shotties have been the big debate down here amongst the liberal left since they came in a few months back.

The ill informed knee jerk reactive politicians that oppose it have no idea about one that has been in existence since 1887.....and that has been legal and never banned here.
A man can never have too many WINCHESTERS...
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

A modern take on the venerable 1887. :D

I think they'd get a solid following here, especially if they were reasonably-priced.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Sorry Ji, it isn't through a loop hole, the Adler is neither a semi-auto nor a pump action, so therefore is not an illegal action.
We have had the Winchester 87 and its copies available over here for many years. The Adler isn't adding anything new to the game.
The big catch cry over here, by both the anti gun nuts and politicians who were gullible enough to listen to them, was that the Adler would allow a person to fire 8 high powered shotgun rounds in 8 seconds. I'd like one of these anti gun nuts, or politicians, to actually step up to the plate and show us how they can do that, and actually hit what they are aiming at.
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
azzhandler
Levergunner 2.0

Post by azzhandler »

Kessler made lever action shotguns also, they were made for 3 or 4 years in the early 50's...
I have 1 , not the highest quality made gun, but it actually works really well,,,,