Let's See Your.......... Boats!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Let's See Your.......... Boats!!!

Post by Old No7 »

The last "Let's See Your..." series that I started was for Webley top-breaks...

~ ~ ~ Ahoy the forum, let's see how you escape on the water ~ ~ ~

It's the middle of the summer -- Let's See Your Boats!

I'll start...

I had my son Captain our Arima 19' Sea Ranger (with 130 HP Honda 4-stroke) when we were on vacation, while I floated in Rangeley Lake with a waterproof GoPro camera & housing...

I haven't gotten anywhere near starting all the editing to join all the clips together yet, but I did snag a couple of screen shots of the "drive by" pictures to share with you here.

Old No7
Arima drive-by 01.jpg
Arima drive-by 02.jpg
Arima drive-by 03.jpg
Arima drive-by 04.jpg
ps: That hull and sheer line, plus the way she runs, sort of reminds me of a PT Boat...

Then again, I do have two "Cannons" aboard! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Let's See Your.......... Boats!!!

Post by Griff »

No longer, but if someone sees it, PM me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

I will send a picture as soon as my ship comes in.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I have a 24' Sea ray that I'm sawzall'n into little pieces and throwing away with the household trash. :D
Slow is just slow.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

cas wrote:I have a 24' Sea ray that I'm sawzall'n into little pieces and throwing away with the household trash. :D
Kinda like a scavenger hunt kit boat?

I have owned and sold several boats. I used to have a commercial salmon fishing license but just fished as a hobby and to make my fishing trips pay for themselfs.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

My sloop "Faith" at Emerald Cove, Catalina Island, CA...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

22 foot Grady White
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Not much to look at. 1968 12' aluminum boat with a 1951 Evinrude 2HP motor on it. Did it's job, caught a lot of fish, and contributed to a lot of recreation. Of course it wouldn't pull a water skier and wasn't too good in a heavy head wind but you can't have everything.

I gave it to a nephew and of course he ruined it - sanded it and painted it. Took all the character out of it but it's still going strong.
ED
Yer never too old
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

No boat... :(

Can I finally get around to posting pictures of my top-breaks? :oops:
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

My 11' Eagle Canoe. (don't laugh, it's paid for :wink:) It weigh 45 pounds - less than 1/4 my weight. Last time I was out fishing I hooked into a Ulua (Giant Trevally - Caranx ignoblis) that towed me around for almost an hour before the hook finally pulled lose.

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

This is my fresh water version of Ji's outrigger canoe.
Click Click Boom
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Very nice , guys. Arima and Grady White are brands spoken of in hushed, respectful tones among those who seek tuna 30 miles off the Oregon Coast.
I have a nice, boring 16-foot Jetcraft and will soon start a build -- Sam Devlin's Candlefish 16.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Ji in Hawaii wrote:My 11' Eagle Canoe. (don't laugh, it's paid for :wink:) It weigh 45 pounds - less than 1/4 my weight. Last time I was out fishing I hooked into a Ulua (Giant Trevally - Caranx ignoblis) that towed me around for almost an hour before the hook finally pulled lose.

??? Why is it necessary to protect the outrigger like that?
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

KirkD

Post by KirkD »

Don't have a good photo of mine all by itself, but here's one I took last week on a remote wilderness lake that I took my family into. Mine is the white one ... a 17 & 1/2 foot Kevlar with protective gel coat for all the rocks we have up here. Total weight is 51 pounds, it is fast, and can carry a lot of heavy gear. My oldest son's canoe is the brown one ... an 18 foot Kevlar canoe that can carry massive amount of gear and still move fast. The other two we borrowed. The red one is a 14 foot Kevlar, light but the shorter the canoe, the slower it is in the water. The other greyish one is an Old Town .... almost indestructible but it weights a ton ... a real gut-buster on rough portages. I would never get one myself. On the trip was my wife and I, my youngest son and his wife, and our two daughters and we invited their boyfriends to come along. It is always good to see how a boyfriend does in the wilderness .... lugging gear over portages, coping with primitive conditions, bears and cougars, pitching and taking down camp, etc.

Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

My fave is a Banana Boat.................... :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I was waiting for my ship to come in, but somebody sunk the stupid thing .... :twisted:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Beautiful picture Kirk. A good canoe is the height of my aspirations for water craft. Can't post pictures any more and I gave my canoe to my son a couple of years ago, just to old and stove up to use one now.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

KirkD

Post by KirkD »

You are right, Jerry. I've been a lot of places in the north with my canoe, that I'd never be able to get to with any larger boat.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Homer
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Homer »

Pete44ru wrote:.

My fave is a Banana Boat.................... :wink:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A man after my own heart. :D
"Take everything but the fire." Long Hair in "The Cowboys"
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Down to three choices for a fishing kayak for both fresh and salt water. You need a bit more length, generally speaking, in a kayak used for near off shore than on most lakes. So I'm looking at some of the longer models.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Modoc ED wrote:Not much to look at. 1968 12' aluminum boat with a 1951 Evinrude 2HP motor on it. Did it's job, caught a lot of fish, and contributed to a lot of recreation. Of course it wouldn't pull a water skier and wasn't too good in a heavy head wind but you can't have everything.

I gave it to a nephew and of course he ruined it - sanded it and painted it. Took all the character out of it but it's still going strong.
Awesome little Mirrocraft, we have a twin in the extended family. Someone gave it to me I eventually gave it to my bro-in-law and nephew, with the condition they give it away when done with it.

Your motor is considerably newer than '51, more like '71. The confusion may come from Evinrude recycling names. Some of those '70s were called Sportsman, and Evinrude made a Sportsman 1 1/2 hp-2 hp single cylinder through the 40's. The new twin cylinder 3 hp that came out in 1950 pretty much replaced all the smaller models. And yes, I collect old outboards.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I fish a lot of streams and small water. Some of it has very limited access, so most hard bottom boats I couldn't get near the water with. I bought a one man pontoon boat about 10 years ago, and love it! Several friends have them also, and we can access all sots of great places to catch fish!

Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Nazgul
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Nazgul »

Can't see much of the boat, this is where I had my coffee yesterday morning.

Retirement has its' benefits!!

Don