How to deal with a mad Cat...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

How to deal with a mad Cat...

Post by Old Ironsights »

I'm not opposed to hunting/trapping big cats. But I also really like them. Been around hand-raised bobcats on and off most of my life. Cougars are the same, only bigger.

The below video is of 2 Fishy Game Cops rescuing/releasing an adult Cougar from a leg-hold trap (conibear?) that was either illegal or not otherwise intended for that species.

Pretty cool. Got Cajones?

https://youtu.be/Ct3n-yks5iw
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: How to deal with a mad Cat...

Post by fordwannabe »

Well done men.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Seems like the fellow on the back end was a bit of a rookie. Still, you have no way to know which way that cat would go when freed.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
superchicken
Levergunner 2.0

Post by superchicken »

Old Ironsights wrote:.

The below video is of 2 Fishy Game Cops rescuing/releasing an adult Cougar from a leg-hold trap (conibear?) that was either illegal or not otherwise intended for that species.
It appears to be the latter. The trap looks like a #3 coil spring of the sort that would usually be used for bobcats, yotes and smaller stuff. I have to give it to those guys. Working a big critter like that when it is only caught by a toe would be scary as the toe could come off, and then where are you? I particularly like the part where the cat goes over the tree branch and the non-uniformed guy scrambles out of the way. The warden horses the cat back to the ground and then takes a hand off the pole to adjust his hat. Es muy hombre! 8)