Word of the Day: Metastasis

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stubbicatt
Levergunner

Word of the Day: Metastasis

Post by stubbicatt »

Here we go again. Thought I had this stuff licked, 15 years ago, but no.

Melanoma is at it again. Started as a suspicious mole on my back which was removed. 4 years later, metastasized to the lymph nodes under my arm. All lymph nodes removed, 1 year chemotherapy. Rough year.

Last Friday learned it is back. In my brain. In my kidneys. In my stomach. In my small intestine. In my liver. In my abdominal walls. I have a tumor in my buttcheek! (Buttcheek? How?) Too many tumors to operate on. Finally got some pain medication... you have to be dying for doctors to prescribe pain medication. Lost 35 pounds in 4 months due to puking.

I perhaps dodged the reaper the last time, but doesn't look like a favorable outcome this time.

Enjoy life fellas, even when it is crappy.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Word of the Day: Metastasis

Post by gamekeeper »

stubbicatt, all I can say is, I'm praying hard for you, hang on in there brother.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

All I can say is hang in there and try to enjoy the fight (yeah, right, I know); prayers up.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Steelbanger
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Steelbanger »

I lost my wife to melanoma, the same conditions that you describe. May God be with you as you fight this darn disease. You're on my prayer list and will remain there as long as necessary.

Frank
"He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present, than the living man."
Antoine de Saint-Expuéry

Steelbanger, N.R.A. Life
PRPA Member
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

I've been thinking about you and I wish it was possible to lend you the strength to help get through this. I ask the good Lord to walk wih you in the coming months, to ease your pain and the worries of your family and friends.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Prayers up Stubbicat.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Stubbi, wishing you the best, as you have been dealt a difficult hand. My wife is a melanoma survivor -- so far.
Glad you are getting the pain relief you deserve, and hope you can embrace peace.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Vaya con Dios, Stubbi.................... :(

2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That sucks!!!

Put up the best fight you can Sir!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
gcs
Levergunner 3.0

Post by gcs »

Sorry, pardner
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:( Prayers for your comfort. Prayers for recovery.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Peace to you and yours. Use your time the best you can. Enjoy your passions, family and friends.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

DON'T-EVER-GIVE-UP! You know that a cancer diagnosis is not necessarily a death sentence, but it can be if you quit. All these fellers are praying for you (our job) and the fight is up to you and God...

Praying for strength, wisdom, and good health...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

You have my prayers. May Gods peace, which is beyond all understanding be with you
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Yes,
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
(Philippians 4:6-7)

Prayers for you, family, loved ones.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

i am so sorry. praying for you and your family.
cable
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Prayers for you my friend.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Please - all you guys be sure you and your family get thorough physicals yearly. Most men don't, and unfortunately these days most women just go to a 'gyn' and think they had a complete physical [ :roll: ]. The only type of physicians I know who consistently do thorough physicals are "family physicians", and even then, many have either salaried themselves to a 4-minute-visit system at the local hospital-owned clinic, or gotten more into selling supplements than examining patients.

YMMV
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Stubbicatt,
Sorry to hear it like others have said, don't give up.

A buddy of mine's father has about the exact same time line and cancer as you. This guy is in his early fifties. Two months ago he went to the University of Penn cancer center in Philadelphia, Pa. for treatment and I was told last weekend that's there is promising results. He is feeling better physically and mentally.

Wish the best for ya bud.------6
Model A Uzi’s
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Stay positive. Cancer treatment has improved drastically every year.

I dodged a bullet last year. They found a squamous cell carcinoma, on the side of my nose, about a 1/2" from my the corner of my eye. Eight, 3-minute, radiation treatments destroyed it. Another one appeared 6 weeks later on the side of my face that they cut out.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
stubbicatt
Levergunner

Post by stubbicatt »

Thanks fellas. I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. I feel so sick, and so tired, I wish I could go shoot a little bit, but it nauseates me to do so. So much so that when I look at my favorite rifles I want to puke. Seems like a scene from A Clockwork Orange. I will probably sell these treasures, as I cannot bear to look at them anymore.

And that pains me.

I try not to feel sorry for myself. This is difficult.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Prayers UP to Jesus for all your needs.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Stubbi, hope you have friends and family to help you on this steep trail.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

stubbicatt wrote:Thanks fellas. I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. I feel so sick, and so tired, I wish I could go shoot a little bit, but it nauseates me to do so. So much so that when I look at my favorite rifles I want to puke. Seems like a scene from A Clockwork Orange. I will probably sell these treasures, as I cannot bear to look at them anymore.

And that pains me.

Please, come to the Forum with your doubts, and fears. We will listen, and pray for you.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

stubbicatt,
I was very sorry to learn of your situation. I am adding you to my prayer list.

Please do not give up hope. Here are some resources for consideration.

CANCER SELF TREATMENT
Only the cancer victim himself can properly treat his own cancer." - Dr. William Kelley

http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/cancer ... atment.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/K ... erapy.html

http://truthpills.wordpress.com/health/ ... jan-horse/

http://www.chimachine4u.com/AA.html

http://www.energiseforlife.com/acid-alk ... rt-1.1.pdf

Cancer – Step Outside Of The Box
http://www.cancerdefeated.com/outsidethebox/
http://curecancerathome.com/A/

CANCER DEFEATED WEBSITE
http://www.cancerdefeated.com/

I have learned that no doctor has all of the “tools in the toolbox”, so to speak, and the question that comes to mind is once one has beaten cancer what is to prevent it from coming back again?
Most doctors are not trained in nutrition and simply follow AMA guidelines …… not always a good thing.

Here's a few things I have learned about cancer:
1.) Avoid sugar whenever possible - it feeds cancer. That also means nothing that the body processes into suger like bread, pasta, etc.
2.) Do not use artifical sweetners nor anything that contains them (ex: Diet pop). Stevia is the best sweetener.
3.) Maintain a body PH of 7.4+ cancer has a hard time existing in an alkaline environment (see above).

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I feel for ya Stubbicat.

You're in my thoughts.

Wishing you the best for whatever time you've got left.

Holler if ya need to -we'll listen.

-Stretch
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

I will keep you on my prayer list. I have said this before and it is still true today and tomorrow, James chapter 5, verse 16 says "the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." (KJV) there are many righteous men on this forum and I know my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ hears our prayers.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

Your facing it like a man, I figure its not why we go its how we go. I'm praying for a reversal and the best quality of life for you. I just relapsed after 4 years of grace from the big C myself. Sadly we belong to a big club!
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

stubbicatt wrote:Thanks fellas. I appreciate the prayers and good wishes. I feel so sick, and so tired, I wish I could go shoot a little bit, but it nauseates me to do so. So much so that when I look at my favorite rifles I want to puke. Seems like a scene from A Clockwork Orange. I will probably sell these treasures, as I cannot bear to look at them anymore.

And that pains me.

Don't ever give up...
This was a photo of my neck after the second operation when the VA tried to kill me by delaying operations for removing the melanoma. I complained enough I expected to be arrested but, We do survive...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prayers up. Stay strong in the faith.

A friend of mine, he graduated High School with my older brother, died from cancer November 13, 2014. He left a blog about his experiences with his third battle with cancer. He beat it twice. The third time it won, but it lost because it died when his body died. His experiences and reminiscing may help you to understand what you are going through. Here is the link to his blog. His daughter wrote the last entry, and she did a tremendous job. http://rocosis1.blogspot.com/

There is a tremendous amount of research going on into curing the various cancers. There is not one type, and not any one way that it starts. While in Pharmacy School, one of my Professors, Gunda Georg, PHd, discovered Taxol. It was intended for breast cancer, but has shown results in other types, too. Dr. Georg is still doing her research for other medicines to cure other types of cancer. Knowing that she is doing such research, I assume that there are Professors in at least half of the Pharmacy Schools who are doing such research. The odds are good that something new will come along to help more than the other things have. I assume your nausea is due to the Chemo. Platinum based Chemo will usually cause nausea and malaise to make you want to end it all. Don't give up. Have your Oncologist contact your insurance company and verbally abuse them until they give in and let you have enough Zofran (Ondansetron is the generic name) to get through this. The people at the insurance companies are not all bad, and the ones who are on the phone are not the ones who make the stupid decisions that keep needed medicine away from patients. Take the vitamin packs which have 5 or more separate large tablets or capsules in a cellophane pack. They are higher strength than most others, and easier to absorb due to the formulation. Watch your nutrition. You will need to stay healthy to win this fight. Don't eat junk food for any reason. Eat healthy and supplement what you can. Cancer takes tremendous amounts of blood, and it causes the body to make new arteries and capillaries to feed it. Feed your body. Cancer loves sugar, so don't give it anything that turns into sugar quickly.

After the continued prayer, stay on your Oncologist and his/her staff. Have them put you in touch with a nutritionist, a physical therapist, a masseuse if necessary, and whatever else they can think of to help you. My experience with Oncologists is that they do the job because they care deeply for their patients. I have been in contact with a bunch of them during my 22 years of making sure the patients get the right medicine.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
stubbicatt
Levergunner

Post by stubbicatt »

Oh great. The results from the CAT scan of my chest shows tumors on my lung, on one of my vertebrae, on my inner chest wall, and a tumor in my heart. How do you get a tumor on your heart?

Cripes.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Cancers break off a few cells which then travel through the blood until they are deposited somewhere else and start to grow. The heart moves all the blood. It can be attacked. Stay mentally strong. Prayers are continuing.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Prayers sent .
Try to keep checking in here , sometimes it is good to talk things out with semi- strangers that have your best interests in mind , rather than worrying about how you word things or how someone close to you may react to your random thoughts.
Phil
stubbicatt
Levergunner

Post by stubbicatt »

Thanks fellas.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

No words but lots of prayers.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
jcw
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jcw »

Prayers to you and yours.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

More Prayers up. But for the Grace of God go us All.
stubbicatt
Levergunner

Post by stubbicatt »

Yeah, I reckon we are all standing in line, I'm just a little closer to the front of the line than some. :cry:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Not sure where you live and what you believe in, but if you can obtain some pot, grind it up fine, and cook it in coconut oil in the microwave on medium. Put it on some bread. It might help.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

Yes, it's a bad hand to be dealt.

My condolances to you, really.

My son in law's mum has had it come back again, similar to your problems.

I live in the melanomia capital of the world, Australia. Plenty of sun, no shirts, no ....., a tan is regarded as an asset.

I have had umpteen suspect cancers taken off, some by liquid nitrogen, mostly the knife.

I now have a COMPLETE skin scan once a year, EVERY year. Any thing that looks sus in between, back to the doctor.

I really hope that things go well.

All the best, Mark.
rwt
Levergunner

Post by rwt »

You are in my prayers!
mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

w30wcf wrote:stubbicatt,
I was very sorry to learn of your situation. I am adding you to my prayer list.

Please do not give up hope. Here are some resources for consideration.

CANCER SELF TREATMENT
Only the cancer victim himself can properly treat his own cancer." - Dr. William Kelley

http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/cancer ... atment.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/K ... erapy.html

http://truthpills.wordpress.com/health/ ... jan-horse/

http://www.chimachine4u.com/AA.html

http://www.energiseforlife.com/acid-alk ... rt-1.1.pdf

Cancer – Step Outside Of The Box
http://www.cancerdefeated.com/outsidethebox/
http://curecancerathome.com/A/

CANCER DEFEATED WEBSITE
http://www.cancerdefeated.com/

I have learned that no doctor has all of the “tools in the toolbox”, so to speak, and the question that comes to mind is once one has beaten cancer what is to prevent it from coming back again?
Most doctors are not trained in nutrition and simply follow AMA guidelines …… not always a good thing.

Here's a few things I have learned about cancer:
1.) Avoid sugar whenever possible - it feeds cancer. That also means nothing that the body processes into suger like bread, pasta, etc.
2.) Do not use artifical sweetners nor anything that contains them (ex: Diet pop). Stevia is the best sweetener.
3.) Maintain a body PH of 7.4+ cancer has a hard time existing in an alkaline environment (see above).

w30wcf
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

mark wrote:Most doctors are not trained in nutrition and simply follow AMA guidelines …… not always a good thing.
Amen to that...!

And we typically refer patients to 'dieticians' instead of 'nutritionists', which are generally two WAY different types of dietary advisors.

I favor a good clinical nutritionist. We have a compounding pharmacy in town that has a pharmacist trained in clinical nutrition, which is a great help.

mark
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mark »

AJMD429 wrote:
mark wrote:Most doctors are not trained in nutrition and simply follow AMA guidelines …… not always a good thing.
Amen to that...!

And we typically refer patients to 'dieticians' instead of 'nutritionists', which are generally two WAY different types of dietary advisors.

I favor a good clinical nutritionist. We have a compounding pharmacy in town that has a pharmacist trained in clinical nutrition, which is a great help.
Actually it was 30-30 that made the comment, not me.

His urls make very interesting reading.

Best wishes, Mark
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote:stubbicatt, all I can say is, I'm praying hard for you, hang on in there brother.
+1
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Sending prayers up that God give you a few more of life's pleasures and moments! Keep up the fight!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
hondo1892
Senior Levergunner

Post by hondo1892 »

I'll add you to my prayers also. Sorry to hear such bad news. Makes me ashamed to complain about minor things that happen in life.