EBR sales?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

EBR sales?

Post by jnyork »

How are EBR sales going in your part of the country? I was in my favorite hock shop this morning just BS'ing with the owner, he has several hanging on the wall still, says he has only sold two since Orlando.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: EBR sales?

Post by AJMD429 »

I think everyone who wants one got one (or two).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

They are selling here.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

My dad works firearm inventory and paper work at the Cabelas in Hazelwood MO, He says they can hardly keep them on the selves with this latest batch of gun control pushes.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I couldn't resist this 'spare' though - the inscription just makes it special.... :D
http://fmkfirearms.com/firearms/ar-15-lower/
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... 9004338.do
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Nice Doc :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

A friend has a small shop near by. He's been busy but hasn't run out of anything except Ruger LCPs. He can't keep those on the shelf for more than a day. I bought a couple AR lowers there about a week ago for $50 ea.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

I think most of the sales are lowers right now, and kits. A lot of people have figured out AR's are the leggos of the gun world. And if you already have a lower before a ban thats half the battle. then they gotta make you register or confiscate.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I think we still have a couple dozen AR's in the shop .

We're a Class 3 dealer and manufacturer . We've seen a marked increase in folks trying to get tax stamps etc !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

2ndovc wrote:A friend has a small shop near by. He's been busy but hasn't run out of anything except Ruger LCPs. He can't keep those on the shelf for more than a day. I bought a couple AR lowers there about a week ago for $50 ea.

jb 8)
Strange how different guns sell or don't sell depending on the part of the country in which they are located. This same hock shop I was in this morning has 4 LCP's in his gun case, says he cant hardly give them away, nobody in this area wants them. :roll:
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I was in the market for either an AR or an AK, but there are no stocking dealers in my town. I searched on line but found none available and the same held true for one of the shopowners (FFL) in town. I guess I'll have to make do with what I have as far as "defensive, bad times" type weapons; my SKS and my AK 74...

Auto censor changed my bad times to "bad times" :lol: Did it again...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

sore shoulder wrote:I think most of the sales are lowers right now, and kits. A lot of people have figured out AR's are the leggos of the gun world. And if you already have a lower before a ban thats half the battle. then they gotta make you register or confiscate.
Than again, an AR lower isn't necessarily a semi-auto. It would still have to be built as one. A built gun can also be turned into a manually operated rifle. Its not like they would simply all be totally forbidden. So far none of the ban states, or even England, has totally banned the lower, its the completed rifle. If it isn't a semi-auto, then it can generally have all the bad features also. They only count on semi-autos so far as I understand it. I think people get the idea that the entire gun could/would suddenly be useless or forbidden. Remove the gas tube, tap and plug the gas tube hole, and manually operate it. Theres a number of variations on adding a side cocking handle also.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/5cc18d902ed7 ... o1_500.gif
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Except that, by precedent, in the US any firearm that can be "easily converted to full auto fire" is considered and licensed as an NFA firearm.

While a bare lower CAN become a full auto, the design is such that acquiring the full auto bits is problematic for non-criminally-connected persons.

My PTR-91 semi-auto G3 clone requires some fairly significant machining to be FA ... even with an SEF lower and action. Thus, though it is POSSIBLE to make my 91 into a 3, it is beyond simple "drop in" changes. Likewise, the AR parts kits etc are CLOSELY monitored by Big Brother to make sure that the (what is it, 6?) parts that make an AR FA are only available to Criminals and not Joe Six Pack.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Ray wrote:
mikld wrote:I was in the market for either an AR or an AK, but there are no stocking dealers in my town. I searched on line but found none available and the same held true for one of the shopowners (FFL) in town. I guess I'll have to make do with what I have as far as "defensive, bad times" type weapons; my SKS and my AK 74...

Auto censor changed my bad times to "bad times" :lol: Did it again...

I just did a "ammoseek" gun search for both ak and ar and found thousands of both for sale from online sellers starting at about $600......many that i actually followed the link to were free shipping......
I guess I've been looking in the wrong places. I went to the two big on line retailers and zero available ARs, I wentto three sites that normally have AKs, zero available. The feller I talked to said there was a "run" on ARs and AK after the Orlando incident. Just going by what i saw... :oops:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I bought a couple %'s, found a guy he mounts it in his machine you press the button and bizwang you walk away with a 100% receiver for $50.
I'm not really an AR fan but no-one's going to tell me I can't have one (or more).
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Here in the East where violence is pretty much normal and lots of cash, my bud who owns Targetmaster cannot get enough of about any kind of gun. As a guy who is well connected and does not deal with the middle man, ( factory direct) who can get near endless supplies of guns and ammo tells me (over the phone) that the lines are getting longer each hour.

I'm staying away...never liked crowds....but I gotta see for myself later in the day.-----6
Model A Uzi’s
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

My SWAG (Scientific Wild Arsed Guess) is that as a result of the Dallas police shootings, ammunition and gun sales will only increase.

Plus the anti-firearms groups will "not let a good crisis go to waste" and will introduce more anti-firearms (including ammunition purchases) legislation.

Shades of the 1960's??

And that era brought us the Gun Control Act of 1968....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Old Ironsights wrote:Except that, by precedent, in the US any firearm that can be "easily converted to full auto fire" is considered and licensed as an NFA firearm.

While a bare lower CAN become a full auto, the design is such that acquiring the full auto bits is problematic for non-criminally-connected persons.

My PTR-91 semi-auto G3 clone requires some fairly significant machining to be FA ... even with an SEF lower and action. Thus, though it is POSSIBLE to make my 91 into a 3, it is beyond simple "drop in" changes. Likewise, the AR parts kits etc are CLOSELY monitored by Big Brother to make sure that the (what is it, 6?) parts that make an AR FA are only available to Criminals and not Joe Six Pack.
Just the parts aren't enough. The lower has to be milled out for the sear.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

jnyork wrote:
2ndovc wrote:A friend has a small shop near by. He's been busy but hasn't run out of anything except Ruger LCPs. He can't keep those on the shelf for more than a day. I bought a couple AR lowers there about a week ago for $50 ea.

jb 8)
Strange how different guns sell or don't sell depending on the part of the country in which they are located. This same hock shop I was in this morning has 4 LCP's in his gun case, says he cant hardly give them away, nobody in this area wants them. :roll:
I have $100 for the four of them, if you aren't interested. That should cover the dealer's cost and free up shelf space for something he can sell. :lol:
Bulldog
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bulldog »

Old Ironsights wrote:

Select fire lower parts kits can be bought over the 'net by anyone, and it's perfectly legal to do so. Actually drilling that extra hole in the lower receiver for the auto sear is what will land you in Club Fed.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

This past Sunday, a local gun store in Waxahachie, TX was robbed of several firearms, including some AR style rifles. The theives used a stolen pickup to ram into the brick wall at the side of the business and create an opening from which to pilfer the inventory which they could get to. Fortunately, most of the firearms were in a safe which the thieves could not get into. I am guessing that these were thieves who wanted to obtain something with no traceable record to them. A couple of faces were caught on camera, and I hope that all of them will miss out on the next two or three presidential administrations, or maybe more.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Treetop
Levergunner

Post by Treetop »

Pardon my ignorance, but what do the initials EBR stand for? I may have one and not know it by those initials! :o

Semper Fi, Treetop
Treetop
Sgt. USMC
1968-71

NRA Life Member since 1980

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Treetop wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what do the initials EBR stand for? I may have one and not know it by those initials! :o

Semper Fi, Treetop
Evil Black Rifle... :roll:

I guess my parkerized ones don't count... :lol:

Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Bulldog wrote:
Old Ironsights wrote:

Select fire lower parts kits can be bought over the 'net by anyone, and it's perfectly legal to do so. Actually drilling that extra hole in the lower receiver for the auto sear is what will land you in Club Fed.
I'm unsure how we got from "an AR lower doesn't have to be a semi auto, it can be a manually operated gun, and therefore not prohibited or restricted by semi auto/assault rifle laws"(paraphrased) to full auto, the complete opposite direction.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?