Mac Questions....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Mac Questions....

Post by AJMD429 »

So.....I'm sort of getting used to my Mac, and I halfway like it, other than having to re-install both of our printers every couple days (Epson blames Apple, and Apple blames Epson).

Oh, and Aid-Droid doesn't work very well.

Anyway, I'm stuck with it, so decided to start putting my 'recreational' stuff on it like music and photos......

I've tried to find 'outside' software that I can use for photos and music, but the machine fights it every step of the way, and updates of anything outside the Apple Store seem to always have problems.
  • a) Is there a way to use 'Photos' and actually have the photos in a format and place where you can find them and export them back onto a flash drive or disk for viewing elsewhere...?

b) Is there a way to use 'iTunes' and actually have the music in a format and place where you can find them and export it back onto a flash drive or disk to play elsewhere...?
I plan a trip to the Mac Experience store (the regular Apple stores around here suck) in a week or so to see about the 'printer' issue, but figured there were some practical users here.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
cas
Senior Levergunner

Re: Mac Questions....

Post by cas »

Hmmm.... I'm not familiar with the latest Photos, but in all the older iPhotos the files are there to do what you please with.

iTunes is the same, the mp3's are all in a file.
Slow is just slow.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

cas wrote:Hmmm.... I'm not familiar with the latest Photos, but in all the older iPhotos the files are there to do what you please with.

iTunes is the same, the mp3's are all in a file.
^^^ What he said.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

I usually just use Finder to copy any photos over to a photo directory in one of my other directories. However, if you can find where apple's approved little app is sticking them, you can just copy them over to an external drive from there - I don't think they use some kind of odd format. I typically use gimp for any photo editing I need to do, so I'm not familiar with the house brand photo software.

I've noticed two very annoying features of the mac OS - even though the directory structure is just your run of the mill unix flavor, the only way to get to what would be called your home directory is through a terminal window - its as if all the desktop apps have no clue that its there at all (dealing instead with subdirectories only). The second is that it is case sensitive concerning directory names - probably file names too.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

What he said.

And remember, the general rule of thumb of dealing with anything Apple is what ever you want to accomplish is either ridiculously easy, or impossible.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Not familiar at all w/Mac, but if there is a Mac version of Picasa that is what I would use for pictures.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Have a finder window open to show your flash drive.
Open iTunes and highlight the songs you want to transfer.
Drag the songs to the drive
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
williamranks
Levergunner 3.0

Post by williamranks »

Bill Ranks
I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Robert A. Heinlein
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Good info. Thanks. If I can get the weekend off I will fiddle with the Mac again...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "