Pfoot!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Pfoot!

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Didn't want to hijack Ambracol's thread on the elegant Feinwerkbau with this low-end air gun, but boy these little Crosman 2240 CO2 pistols are fun to shoot and easy to mod. I fitted this one with the steel receiver and carbine stock from Pyramyd, a 14-inch .22 barrel off eBay and a Bugbuster 3-9 scope. Even Oskar the wondermutt likes it.

Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Pfoot!

Post by Blaine »

Cool 8) :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

I have a 2300 from the custom shop that I use for NRA Air Pistol Silhouette. Mine has Lothar match barrel and is scary accurate! I put an adjustable sear that I got from Airguns of Arizona and a trigger from Cothran machining in it and the trigger pull measures in ounces now.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

nice! 8)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Very cool! 8)
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Those are a hoot. Sold my last one a couple years ago, have been wanting to pick up another. My most recent build project is a 1377 converted to 22 with a Crosman steel breech and the stock set off of a 1389. Chronied it and with the 24" barrel on it it is only producing 500 fps. Need to do some investigating to see what's going on. All it takes is time and effort!
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I see myself getting into these types of guns. You can shoot them all day long around the house without the cops coming.

Cool gun Bill, but I prefer the dog. How about sending him/her East for awhile. Our Shih Tzu, Apple needs a playmate. :D -----6

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Cool gun! Lets see a better picture of Oskar. What breed is he?
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Bill in Oregon wrote:Didn't want to hijack Ambracol's thread on the elegant Feinwerkbau with this low-end air gun, but boy these little Crosman 2240 CO2 pistols are fun to shoot and easy to mod. I fitted this one with the steel receiver and carbine stock from Pyramyd, a 14-inch .22 barrel off eBay and a Bugbuster 3-9 scope. Even Oskar the wondermutt likes it.

Way back when paint ball first got started all of there were only single shot handguns. After a bit an after market setup to allow a pump action came out. Having this, sped things up but it was awkward. I added a shoulder stock originally designed for a pellet pistol designed like the old S&W model 41.

To top it off one of the first holographic sights came out and this was added. Still have this monstrosity. Maybe I'll take a photo and post it.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Yup Oskar is half shi-tzu and half King Charles Cavalier/Javanese. We are pretty fond of the little toot. He is 8 months old. We just added a third guy; little Theo is half Pomeranian and half poodle. Our Aussie, Bella, has her hands full with these two clowns.

Tactical Lever
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Tactical Lever »

AmBraCol wrote:Those are a hoot. Sold my last one a couple years ago, have been wanting to pick up another. My most recent build project is a 1377 converted to 22 with a Crosman steel breech and the stock set off of a 1389. Chronied it and with the 24" barrel on it it is only producing 500 fps. Need to do some investigating to see what's going on. All it takes is time and effort!
Need a high compression piston to help you build pressure. That would be one of the best mods. Maybe a little valve or hammer work to let you release all the air after you increase the pressure. Not sure if it's needed but some guys replace the fulcrum pin with a solid bolt when they mod them, as they are pumping higher and getting increased pressures.

As your gun sits, if it is otherwise stock, that long a barrel is probably slowing the pellet down. I think it has to be pretty hot before you need more than 14".
Profanity is a poor substitute for a proper education.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I had an old Crossman pneumatic pellet pistol in .22 caliber as a young teen. That was an incredibly accurate pistol until I wore it out. It accounted for an incredible number of starlings and sparrows, as well as turtles out of some farm ponds. At 10 pumps I could hit a turtle in the head from about 10 to 15 yards. It had a very heavy trigger pull, but I learned how to deal with it. I need to see if I still have it. If I do, I should buy the parts and refurbish it. It probably only needs the seals and maybe that concave rubber part on the pump which actually compresses the air. It was quiet and plenty powerful for the small pests.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Tactical Lever wrote:
AmBraCol wrote:Those are a hoot. Sold my last one a couple years ago, have been wanting to pick up another. My most recent build project is a 1377 converted to 22 with a Crosman steel breech and the stock set off of a 1389. Chronied it and with the 24" barrel on it it is only producing 500 fps. Need to do some investigating to see what's going on. All it takes is time and effort!
Need a high compression piston to help you build pressure. That would be one of the best mods. Maybe a little valve or hammer work to let you release all the air after you increase the pressure. Not sure if it's needed but some guys replace the fulcrum pin with a solid bolt when they mod them, as they are pumping higher and getting increased pressures.

As your gun sits, if it is otherwise stock, that long a barrel is probably slowing the pellet down. I think it has to be pretty hot before you need more than 14".
It's got the flat top piston and valve already. The spring, however, has seen better days. It's not dumping the valve completely and I've not had time to mess with it much. Finding replacement springs down here is an iffy proposition. The only one I've come up with so far is too stiff and coiled too tightly to work. Even after cutting off half the length it still coil binds before engaging the sear. A bit more and it engages, but then doesn't transfer the energy required to release all the air. That's the fun part of these things, working through the multitude of variables to find a good balance.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

piller wrote:I had an old Crossman pneumatic pellet pistol in .22 caliber as a young teen. That was an incredibly accurate pistol until I wore it out. It accounted for an incredible number of starlings and sparrows, as well as turtles out of some farm ponds. At 10 pumps I could hit a turtle in the head from about 10 to 15 yards. It had a very heavy trigger pull, but I learned how to deal with it. I need to see if I still have it. If I do, I should buy the parts and refurbish it. It probably only needs the seals and maybe that concave rubber part on the pump which actually compresses the air. It was quiet and plenty powerful for the small pests.

Go to https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us/ca ... s-Diagrams and you can find the appropriate manual and parts diagram for the model you have. Crosman carries all kinds of parts even for the older "obsolete" models. Call them up to place the order - make a list of everything you need as there's a flat $4.00 shipping fee for everything from one oring to a pile of valves.
Paul - in Pereira

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Here's the photo of the old school paintball pistol. The stock is the same one shown on the air pistol above. High tech for the day, just look at that holographic sight. From Daisy no less.

Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

:shock: Is that an assault pellet gun??? :o

:mrgreen:
Have you hugged your rifle today?
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

claybob86 wrote::shock: Is that an assault pellet gun??? :o

:mrgreen:
Much as with a bolt or pump rifle, you had to pick your targets and aim. No spray and pray like the full auto paint ball guns of today.

Heck, protective gear was a pail of splash goggles. No knee or elbow pads. No fancy face shields. If you got hit you felt the full sting of the strike. I've seen padded coveralls worn by some players today because "it hurts if you get hit".
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"