Mind tricks and old-time songs

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Mind tricks and old-time songs

Post by jnyork »

Strange the tricks our minds will play on us. I woke up this morning with this song stuck in my head. I haven't heard this song nor even thought about it in probably 50 years at least. It was one of my father's favorite songs, he passed away at age 60 back in 1960, after a hard and painful life. So, anyway, I'm spending my morning thinking about him and what his life was like, and listening to the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI2uSIQOGp0
JHarold
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Mind tricks and old-time songs

Post by JHarold »

Totally understand, I lost my dad when I was 19 and he was only 51 years old. many times I wished
I had him around to guide and advise me through some rocky times.
he passed on Valentines dad so the reminder is there every year.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Did the Gene Autry character beat the loudmouth's butt in the movie?

I liked the Uncle Sam suit the fiddle player was wearing.
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

On Nov 15 1968, a month before my wife and I got married, I killed a 13 point whitetail buck. It was late evening just before dark and all day long a song had been stuck in my head. "My Guy" by Mary Wells, a Mo Town offering from a year or two before. While the Buck was comming out of the swamp the song got a lot faster, but it was still there. I still think of that buck whenever I hear that song played to this day.
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Saw a letter recently and immediately recognized my grandmother's handwriting. She died in 1968 and I have not seen anything she wrote since her death.