POLITICS - Current Events

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

POLITICS - Current Events

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

Do I have this right? A group of 6 kids beat up another kid who did something insensitive/Not PC, but NOT ILLEGAL. and these 6 kids are prolly gonna get let off because a famous Rabble Rouser brought several thousand Rabble Rousers to town for a protest? Is that about it? Dang.....Something ain't right, here.....please correct me if I'm not getting this right..... :?
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Post by Hagler »

TTT,

This is what I have read:

"Posted on Thu, Sep. 20, 2007

Lessons from Jena, La.

By JASON WHITLOCK

Now we love Mychal Bell, the star of the 2006 Jena (La.) High School football team, the teenage boy who has

sat in jail since December for his role in a six-on-one beatdown of a fellow student.

Thursday, thousands of us, proud African-Americans, expressed our devotion to and desire to see justice for

the “Jena Six,â€
Last edited by Hagler on Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
Levergunner 2.0

That's a bit different than the local Daily told it :?
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Oh Geez. The white kid said a nasty slur to a black kid, he smacked him and a couple his friends jumped in. Stupid? Yes. The white kid was fine and went to a school function that night. The black kid who was 17 went to jail and they wanted to send him to prison for 22 years. 22 years. For getting into a fight in high school?? Don't know about you all, but I would be in prison about 100 times that due to fighting in HS. This whole thing has been blown out of complete proportion. Any Christians on this forum? What say you to 22 years for a 17 year old for that? I say stupid on all sides.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Sorry. I do NOT believe this has been blown out of proportion by anyone but the Race Baiters.

They cold-cocked someone and started kicking/stomping him while he was down and unconscious.. i.e. with ABSOLUTELY VULNERABLE WITH NO WAY TO DEFEND HIMSELF.

That's attempted murder. Period.

If I did that, it would be attempted murder. (No, scratch that, it would be successful murder. I'm not incompetent.)

These Yahoos knocked a man out and started kicking/stomping him.

Whether he sustained "life threatening injuries" or not is immaterial.

He was helpless. They were kicking him. That's ALL there is to it.

The rest is Race Baiting Hyperbole - from both sides.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I agree with OI. At the very least, attacking someone from behind with six to one odds, then stomping on him while he was unconscious is dishonorable and cowardly. I have no feeling but contempt for anyone who did this and I don't care what their race is. Cowards disgust me. If they had a true reason to fight, be a man, and do it one on one up front.

However, in this case, the "very least" doesn't apply. 6 on one stomping could have easily resulted in permanent injuries or death. the kid got darn lucky that neither happened. All six should have been charged with attempted murder, because that is what they did!
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I think the whole thing is sad.

The author had a good point about helping kids before they get into big trouble though. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't had the guidence I did from the Church.

This story reminds me of one I heard on the news last night,

Some kid was shoveling turkey stuff at a barn and was apperantly(according to the newscast) smacking around some birds. A coworker, probably a supervisor of some kind, called him on it and told him to stop.

Guy with the shovel whacks the him a couple times in the head and sent him to ICU. Now "shovely Joe" is looking at big jail time, BIG jail time if that other guy doesn't make it. Just so d@#$ sad.

Found the STORY
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Bullshit. Exactly the point. If the 6 kids were truly wanting to kill this stupid racist, don't you think they would/could have? 6 kids up, 1 kid down? Come on, if they wanted to do serious damage they would have. Again, the racist kid who started the whole thing went to a school function that night. Think about it. I am with OI in the point I am not incompetant, if I wanted to do damage the stupid kid would be dead now.
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

The sad truth is.....

Racism is juicy.

The media will milk it for all it's worth.

Our society suffers from it in the mean time.

When ever the media handles anything racial they create more racists.

Race baiters will cause whole cities to erupt
into riots someday cuz of the hate they foment.

It's getting worse not better.

Jeeps
Levergunner 2.0

jazman wrote:Bullshit. Exactly the point. If the 6 kids were truly wanting to kill this stupid racist, don't you think they would/could have? 6 kids up, 1 kid down? Come on, if they wanted to do serious damage they would have. Again, the racist kid who started the whole thing went to a school function that night. Think about it. I am with OI in the point I am not incompetant, if I wanted to do damage the stupid kid would be dead now.
Put aside emotion and listen to the facts....the beat up kid had nothing to do with any of this...it seems HE was the target of a crime...
A black U.S. attorney, Don Washington, investigated the “Jena Sixâ€
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

The kid who got sentenced, Mychal Bell, is what we used to call "incorrigible". He was not sentenced to 22 years for getting into a fight in high school, he was already on probation for several previous assaults. The prosecutor tried to have his probation revoked, as he deserved, and was prevented from doing so by the threat of riot from Al sharpton's race-mob, in order to maintain the peace. One day Mychal Bell will kill someone, and these "civil rights" monkeys will make him a victim/hero.

None of the other 5 are even in jail for participating in this racist beat-down, which would have been a hate-crime and federal prison if the "Jena-6" had been white and the victim black.

:?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

FWiedner wrote: One day Mychal Bell will kill someone, and these "civil rights" monkeys will make him a victim/hero.
Exactly. I for one wouldn't want to have to look the loved-ones of his first victim in the eyes and explain I was part of letting him go due to "political correctness" or "racial concerns".

Take the race out of it. Yes, a gang of 6 could have easily killed ne unconscious boy had they wanted to. So what is the point above - that they didn't so we should excuse assault by a repeat violent offender, regardless of his youth. The criminal got what he deserved. The others hopefully got scared straight. And society is going to remove for a while someone on the fast track of escalating violence.

What's the problem here?
Junior
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Junior »

Here's an op-ed piece in the New York Times written by my DA. Yes, "my DA."

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/opini ... ef=opinion

A family member of mine attends Jena High and had classes with Mychal Bell. I have known Mychal Bell's grandmother for many years. Jazman, you are way off base in your support of him and the other Jena Six. If not for Justin Barker obviously having an unusually hard head, Mychal Bell would be charged with murder. He tried his best to stomp Justin Barker's head in.
Last edited by Junior on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Junior,

Seems to me that you and Dennis have pretty much the same take on it being right there. Well, maybe Dennis was cutting him a bit more slack. :wink:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Throw them all in jail and leave them there and this was a hate crime on their part. The whole hate crime concept should be dropped - it has made things worse. Jesse and Al are opportunists with a cottage industry based on this sort of race baiting - they are no more "ministers" than Mr Ed was. Their activities are based on inflamming trouble. Look up the Bible's view on that.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

As difficult as it might be, try to take race out of it. Six whites beating down another white. Six blacks doing the same to another black. How about six whites beating down a black kid?
How would this change alter the perception of the crime?

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

Junior, I have to respect your local knowledge on this, you are certainly closer to it than I am.
Thanks, Jim
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Old Savage wrote:Throw them all in jail and leave them there and this was a hate crime on their part. The whole hate crime concept should be dropped - it has made things worse. Jesse and Al are opportunists with a cottage industry based on this sort of race baiting - they are no more "ministers" than Mr Ed was. Their activities are based on inflamming trouble. Look up the Bible's view on that.
"Hate crimes" are anti-American in two respects. First, they punish thought. Second, they deem one set of Americans as more valuable than another.

Only a liberal could love such a perversion of the law... :evil:
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Jeeps »

exactamundo YK....

Jeeps