any White's boots users here?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

any White's boots users here?

Post by Grizz »

http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?di ... ory_id=409

I am looking for a new pair of boots. These are made in Wa state. Does anyone wear them? I've heard one second hand report that I trust, I'd like to hear first-hand if anyone here wears them.

I live in my boots, if I buy a decent pair of boots they should last the rest of my days.

I only wear pull-ons, so I am looking at the cowboy boots.

What other American made boots are there if these White's aren't what they crack themselves up to be?
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Re: any White's boots users here?

Post by Buck Elliott »

I've never tried their pull-on boots, but wore out a pair of lace-up packers a few years ago, and am now on my second pair.. They need to be broken in, when new, and the best method is to oil them well, and just wear them.. Soaking them in the creek and walking them dry is NOT recommended..
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
boolitshooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by boolitshooter »

Grizz, I have had and still do have 2 pair of Whites Packer boots for about 35 years.
One pair is fancy calf skin dress boots and the other is heavy leather work, hunting, riding boots. The second pair have been rebuilt by Whites twice.
I was in Spokane and visited the store/factory and had lasts built. Best thing I ever did for good fitting boots. BTW SASS also allows lace up boots. Whites will even put on a walking heel for you. Just go see them. First rate quality.
mack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mack »

Never had their pull-ons, but wore their smoke jumpers for a some years, also tried the Hathorns. Ended up going to Wesco's just because of my foot shape.(The White's jumpers would bite my heal a little and jamb my small toe a bit, until they really broke in). They put out a real high quality, well built boot. They should last you forever with reasonable care and maybe a rebuild over the years.
I have found that with boots, you really get what you pay for. $400 a pair is entry level if you live on your feet.
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

five pair at this house but no pull ons, mine are all over 25 years old & have been rebuilt at least 1 time, wife has 2 pair with steel toes & wears them 5 days a week, one thing send them to Whites
for any work even resoled, learned the hard way!! After years of wearing lace up boots been thinking of a pair of Whites cowboy pull ons

ollogger
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

I wore White's logging boots for several seasons working in a lumber mill and on the fire line. Great boots. Learned the hard way during my rookie fire season that those steel toed boots that worked so well in the mill aren't a good idea on the fire line. :lol:

I lost track of how many times they were re-soled. Wish I still had 'em.

I have a pair of Tony Llama ropers that are handmade in the US. Great boots in the winter.
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

If I needed them, I'd love to have a pair of White's. They are legendary in the Northwest.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

If you've got flat feet - don't get White's boots.

That being said, I don't have flat feet. I DO have difficult to fit feet and a trip to Spokane back in '09 set me up with a pair of made to order, sized to MY feet boots. Mostly they get used when traveling on the motorcycle, but after initial break in they are very comfortable. They've been resoled once, so far. I'll probably take them to a local repair guy to get a new pair of heels put on and the next time we head north I'll take them and get them resoled. The ones I have are their Farmer/Rancher lace ups, but every boot they make is first rate quality.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com