A little XD mod

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

A little XD mod

Post by Panzercat »

I identify myself as a .45 person. I appreciate physics and I like making big holes. That said, I'm practical. While I routinely tease my 9mm friends, I recognize quantity has a quality all of its own: More holes, which drove my shift to double stack carry. The 13+1 capacity of my XDm is a good start, but more is better. Capacity is hard to come by in a 45acp pistol unfortunately, and 13 mostly represents the top end of that equation... Unless you cheat.

I've had my eye on a company named AGP Arms ever since owning my XD because they they sell a product enabling said cheating-- A +3 mag extension. The little kit sells with a hardened spring, metal base plate and polymer extension to turn standard 13 round mags to 16+1. I kind of lost track of them until recently and discovered that they're located here in AZ much to my surprise; Tempe Marketplace specifically. Their business two times as AGP Turbo Chargers, which caused a bit of confusion, but after dropping my wife off at Steinmart across the street, I dropped $40 on two kits (avoiding S&H in the process with the local pickup). The takedown on the original mags and installation of the extensions was painless with both done in about 10 minutes time. The last round is a bitch to fit in, but the results speak for themselves--

So if you have an XD and want a bit more capacity, this is looking pretty good. Will test them at teh next range outting, but all the reviews I've seen have been fairly positive. Another thing that attracted me to this is my hopefully eventual plans to .460 Rowland this pistol. 16 rounds of near 44mag just reeks of sex, I gotta say.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A little XD mod

Post by Streetstar »

Panzercat wrote:16 rounds of near 44mag just reeks of sex, I gotta say.

At this point in my meager existence on this earth, i'll take the latter before the former if possible
----- Doug
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Streetstar wrote:

At this point in my meager existence on this earth, i'll take the latter before the former if possible
I'm pretty sure it's possible to have both, but hey :p
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Streetstar wrote:

You might as well...because at some point the latter will become more scarce, either through marriage or an aging body!!
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail