Has anyone use the IPhone app that tracks your walking

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
draperjojo
Levergunner 2.0

Has anyone use the IPhone app that tracks your walking

Post by draperjojo »

I was hunting cow elk last Sunday and I logged 29033 steps, it said that I climbed 472 flights of stairs, and that I walked 11.81 miles through the mountain....are these apps accurate??? I'm hunting for the next 4 weekends...this might be the only exercise I get this year...haha

BTW, we saw several bulls, about a dozen cows I ranged anywhere from 700-1800+ yards but they were in places you'd need pack horses or a helicopter, and we were hiking in. The temps were 75 degrees plus on the mountain...hoping for better luck this weekend.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Has anyone use the IPhone app that tracks your walking

Post by Streetstar »

My wife uses it frequently for fitness purposes -- her goal is 10,000 steps a day -- and she hits that with some gegularity doing the regular 8 hour grind at her job (she works at CVS as a retail clerk) ---

She's always worn out and stays trim, so i would guess your 30k for what you have been doing sounds roughly in line with what you've been doing in comparison
----- Doug
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Has anyone use the IPhone app that tracks your walking

Post by jeepnik »

I use a Fitbit. I did that and the app side by side. The app was off by a fair bit.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad