Would You Pay $100,000 To Sing Backup For Charlie Daniels?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Would You Pay $100,000 To Sing Backup For Charlie Daniels?

Post by DPris »

I know some feel the Henry rifles are controversial, but go to their website, click on HENRY NEWS, and bring up the Charlie Daniels item.

How many other gunmaking company presidents are doing this? :)
Denis
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Would You Pay $100,000 To Sing Backup For Charlie Daniel

Post by gamekeeper »

I like Henry rifles and I like the way the company treats its customers and now I like the way it treats those who served their country... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JHarold
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JHarold »

beats the heck out of giving it to the Clinton foundation I say.
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Don't it just!!!!
Denis
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Daniels was a big lib in the late 60's{ UNEASY RIDER}. Guess you go with the money :twisted:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I don't care for the present Henry rifle company and I darn sure wouldn't pay to sing with anyone !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Denis, NO!
tman wrote:Daniels was a big lib in the late 60's{ UNEASY RIDER}. Guess you go with the money :twisted:
If you're not a liberal in your 20s & 30s, you have no hear; if you're not a conservative by your 40s, you have no brains! I'm guessin' he's a lot smarter now!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Whatever Daniels may have been or was, he allowed this event to take the direction it did- honor the vets. (You did note that two hundred grand went to charity, not him?)

And whatever you think about Henry guns, you don't see the presidents of Winchester, Browning, Colt, Remington, Ruger, or S&W out doing this. :)
Denis
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

Griff wrote:Denis, NO!
tman wrote:Daniels was a big lib in the late 60's{ UNEASY RIDER}. Guess you go with the money :twisted:
If you're not a liberal in your 20s & 30s, you have no hear; if you're not a conservative by your 40s, you have no brains! I'm guessin' he's a lot smarter now!
I think Winston Churchill was wrong with that quote. I had some heart in my 20's and 30's, but I guess just more brains.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JB wrote:
Griff wrote:Denis, NO!
I think Winston Churchill was wrong with that quote. I had some heart in my 20's and 30's, but I guess just more brains.
Me too!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I was under the impression that Charlie Daniels was politically conservative and pro gun at this point in his life.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Guys, my intention in starting this was not to divert into either political leanings or Charlie Daniels' past, it was to bring up what I thought was a very nice charitable gesture by the owner of the gun company.
Let's not let it drift too far away from that, huh?
Denis
guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

DPris wrote:Guys, my intention in starting this was not to divert into either political leanings or Charlie Daniels' past, it was to bring up what I thought was a very nice charitable gesture by the owner of the gun company.
Let's not let it drift too far away from that, huh?
Denis
Thanks Denis. I've known Charlie for years....I'm perfectly comfortable with his past, and feel privileged to know the Patriotic, Christian man he IS. Have we 100%, always agreed...??? No, but that's not a requirement for him to have my respect. Charlie is going on 80 yrs. old. I'm not prepared to be overly critical of ANY man for comments or opinions...and especially for songs written early in a musical career, over 40 yrs. ago.
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Just did not start this to center around Daniels, politics, liberals, or anything BUT a nice charitable donation by the owner of a gun company we're all familiar with.

Vets.
Charity.
Big money donation.
Gun company supporting our service people.
Focus, please. :)

Thanks.
Denis
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

DPris wrote:Just did not start this to center around Daniels, politics, liberals, or anything BUT a nice charitable donation by the owner of a gun company we're all familiar with.

Vets.
Charity.
Big money donation.
Gun company supporting our service people.
Focus, please. :)

Thanks.
Denis
Sounds like a good deal to me.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Partly my fault.
I used that line as a lead-in post title to get attention.
Seemed more intriguing than "Guy Gives Money Away". :)
Denis
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Denis, thanks for bringin' it up. Whatever I think about Henry Arms, their 1860 is a jewel. And if Imperato's pluggin' his gun company thru charitable events changes one person's mind about guns, then I'll say it; that's good money we the consumer have spent, cause we put it in his pocket to spend!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

:D
Denis
rodeo kid
Levergunner 3.0

Post by rodeo kid »

Denis, I just don't understand why some people don't like the Henry Rifle Co. They make a decent product at fair prices in America. And they create jobs for Americans. What is wrong with that? I have 2 of their rifles and am happy with the way they shoot. Their service is great, my son dropped our .22 lever action and broke the buttplate and a small chip out of the stock. I called them and asked how much a new buttplate was and they said they would send one free. The lady then asked about the stock. I told her about the small chip and said it was serviceable and was not going to replace it. She said: "Oh, let me send you a new stock also, you need your rifle to be perfect". In a few days I had a new stock, buttplate and no charge at all, not even for shipping. Show me another firearms company that will do that. We abused it, and they fixed it, free! God Bless.
Member : NRA
Oklahoma Rifle Assoc.
NPPAS

TRUISM: if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. So, my advice is: Buy more guns!
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

Like 'em or don't, their owner pays back into the community.
That's a plus for the company.
Denis
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article29794141.html

What's not to like about a company that does that?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

rodeo kid wrote:Denis, I just don't understand why some people don't like the Henry Rifle Co. They make a decent product at fair prices in America. And they create jobs for Americans. What is wrong with that? I have 2 of their rifles and am happy with the way they shoot. Their service is great, my son dropped our .22 lever action and broke the buttplate and a small chip out of the stock. I called them and asked how much a new buttplate was and they said they would send one free. The lady then asked about the stock. I told her about the small chip and said it was serviceable and was not going to replace it. She said: "Oh, let me send you a new stock also, you need your rifle to be perfect". In a few days I had a new stock, buttplate and no charge at all, not even for shipping. Show me another firearms company that will do that. We abused it, and they fixed it, free! God Bless.
"Some" of us got a pretty bad taste in our mouth when they announced the "Big Boy" and called it "SASS legal". When in fact, it was pretty clear that from both its design and operating mechanism that it wasn't a copy of anything made in the old west. Yes, it had an external hammer, fed from a tubular magazine, and was lever operated. But... SASS had a rule about providing a product for testing and evaluation prior to stating it was "SASS legal" for both arms and parts that were not copies in form and function of an recognizable old west gun. They eventually complied, and were deemed legal for SASS competition, mainly thru the fact that by this time so many were being brought out to the range that putting the horse back in the barn was near impossible.

Another facet is that by taking the name "Henry Repeating Arms", and tying their name, AND advertising that fact that they were the descendants of the great designer of the 1860 Henry, they were, at best, misleading the buying public with a provenance that just didn't exist.

The Big Boy is a great rifle, but... it's rather front heavy, and with an action that's more akin to the Marlin, tho' with the front tube loading, its not very competitive. Some folks have an issue with that front loading magazine, as they feel it's hard to keep it pointed downrange when loading, but with a modicum of sense, it's easily handled. I'd love to have one of their 1860 Henrys, especially if they made it with a steel frame and a carbine length!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

AND... I'm over it!!
DPris
Levergunner 3.0

Post by DPris »

You're halfway there, Griff.
They're doing a steel frame, but only in the long barrel length.
Denis