Oi! - Brit Types!... Ever had the chance to partake?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Oi! - Brit Types!... Ever had the chance to partake?

Post by Old Ironsights »

C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Re: Oi! - Brit Types!... Ever had the chance to partake?

Post by stew71 »

That looks like a metric ton of fun. The longest range I've competed at with iron sights is 547 meters....with a 1902 Carl Gustav Swedish Mauser.

But only 8 shooters? That's too bad....
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have been to Stickledown range a couple of times to watch the dedicated long range shooters.
Personally I prefer Squirrels at a little bit shorter range but anyone who can shoot without a carrying handle gets my vote.... :D
If any of you guys or gals get over here, Bisley is worth a visit... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

I regularly shoot at Bisley with my clubs and have shot at 1000 yards with my Remington 7.62 target rifle and even my Shiloh Montana Roughrider. Iron sights at 1000 yds takes dedication and a lot of practice but we Brits seem to be quite good at it. At this years Camp Perry matches the UK team took the Palma trophy again and placed 1,2 and 3 in the under 25s long range matches.
We also shoot long range on a military range on the south coast. Because the English Channel is one of the busiest bits of sea in the worls we have to have a guy in a boat stationed offshore to warn off approaching craft.

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."