Ruger finally makes a 454 and 480 Bisley SA!!!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Ruger finally makes a 454 and 480 Bisley SA!!!!

Post by CowboyTutt »

This is just awesome news for those of us who love Ruger Bisley's and have wanted a factory 5 shot!!!! 8) :D -Tutt

http://gunblast.com/Ruger-LipseysBisleys.htm
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Re: Ruger finally makes a 454 and 480 Bisley SA!!!!

Post by Old Ironsights »

Less than half the price of a Freedom Arms Field Grade... puts it into the reach of mere mortals and Joe Sixpack...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

AWESOME....!!!!!!

Now I'm lusting for one in 454 Casull (since I have the Rossi in that chambering).

If I recall, you have a 480 Rossi, so this should be right up your alley... 8) 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I have two .454's , do I need another? I need one of these.
You never know when you will run into the stray Polar Bear here in SW WA. LOL
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Doc, if your referring to me, my Rosi Puma is a custom 454 from McPerson. It looks stock but has too many upgrades to list. I already have a nice Taurus Raging Bull in 454 that was worked over by Jim Stroh, now retired, and I have my 460 snubbie S&W of course. I have a nice Ruger Bisley in 45 Colt with some upgrades from Bob Munden (RIP :( ) I have to say that little revolver with 360 grain Colt +P loads is a real handful, more so than any of the other handguns I just listed. I've been thinking about converting it to a 5 shot for years, but now for less money than the parts I could probably have a new gun from Ruger! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

This was just moved to the front of my bucket list (post deployment) purchases. I see Ruger selling quite a few of these.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

That is good news! I used own a custom Clements 5 shot 45 and was fun to shoot. Got ride of it needed the cash at the time. If I was going to pick one it'll be the 480 Ruger for sure.

Mainehunter :wink:
markinalpine
Levergunner 2.0

Post by markinalpine »

Joe at Real Guns has an article out: http://www.realguns.com/articles/742.htm

Mark :idea:
Any way you sell it,
No matter how you spell it,
When you start to smell it,
BO stinks.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Andy, right up your alley.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

Finally, a wonderful handgun that I can admit I will never need; but way, way COOL!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Just watched the most recent episode of "Ruger Inside & Out" and it featured these guns.

Impressive!
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

Now they need to offer it in the "Hunter" configuration.....PERFECT!

I have a Freedom Arms and a Rossi in the 454. Both really get your attention when you pull the trigger!

The Freedom Arms has taken a nice Black Bear and a Whitetail buck. Both one shot and down!

Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

Several on Gunlist right now for $7 to $8 hunnert in 454. Waiting for one to show up in 480. May not be able to resist.. On second thought, will wait for a Hunter model with integral scope mounts..I'm sure one will show up.. (A man has to know his limitations).
Last edited by Les Staley on Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I already have a Super RedHawk, and a Rossi Model 92 in .480 Ruger. That Bisley model sure looks like one to round out the collection. I like the .480 as it will push 400 grains at a rather decent velocity with a lot of accuracy. Big, heavy, not too fast, and accurate are nice when combined in a bullet.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Had the Ruger .454 Bisley been offered even ten years ago I would have been all over it. As it is I'm content with My .45 Colt Bisley and the new Redhawk .45colt/.45acp I recently picked up. We have to Love Ruger for building these revolvers, and I Thank the Quinn Brothers at Gunblast for the excellent videos. Awesome all around. :D .
mohavesam
Levergunner 2.0

Post by mohavesam »

This gun will sell well, but I've heard... that Lipsey's pre-paid for 5000? and probably no more? Who knows how long we'll be able to order one, but I say get one while you can. Some may return to store shelves later - with 10 rounds missing from a box of ammo, ala the S& 29 in the '70s?

The Blackhawk is a very sharp-recoiling gun in these calibers. You can watch Jeff Quinn come very close to forehead stitches on his gunblast.com shooting reviews (His hair did get parted once or twice), and he's no stranger to handgun recoil.

I have a couple 480R revolvers and an Encore barrel, but I have no interest in another 454C, none. I probably will get a Blackhawk for the collection. I will attest the 480R dropped-DNR, a fat Michigan swamp buck in my hands and I think it may be the best hunting revolver round - but it is not for beginners.
I'm positive God created the universe... I'm just not convinced He had any choice in the matter.
-A. Einstein
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I really think these Ruger's are going to appreciate with time, especially if they are only making a limited number of them. I would have to agree that also having a beautiful SS Bisley in 45 Colt that has had a trigger/action job from Bob Munden, that they are inherently a great revolver, but +P 45 Colt loads are a real handful. And I say that in comparison to my other 454 Casull and 460 S&W guns. My light weight Bisley using 45 Colt 360 grain +P loads is the hardest to shoot period out of all of them.

Old Savage seemed to shoot my 45 Colt Bisley with the 360 grain bullet pretty darn well some years ago. I was quite impressed with his shooting ability.

I an not sure I could handle a same weight Bisley (more or less) in 454 Casull, but I am thinking I need to try.

I already have all the companion guns.

Regards,

-Tutt

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I did not see Jeff Quinn "parting his hair" on these SA revolver reviews or "requiring stiches." Not even close. -A-

bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

Very impressive from Ruger. I like the dimensions of the Ruger 480 in that platform. Right now I am very tempted to sell a Ruger SRH in 480 I have and utilize the money to buy this new revolver.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I ordered one of the.454's from Kentucky guns yesterday. They show them in stock at $711 cash price with free shipping. With tax and transfer fee I will be into it right at $810.
I would like a 480 but already have brass,dies and several appropriate bullet molds In .452. This will be my third .454. You don't have to load them "full speed ahead" and mine are very accurate with mid range loads.
I should have it by next weekend. :D
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Man, these guns are going to put a hurting on FA I'm thinking. Chuck, I'm jealous of your purchase! :mrgreen: Sure would appreciate a range report with pics in the future!

-Tutt

Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Will do friend. :wink:
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Chuck, Thanks for posting about this I went to that site and will save a whole bunch of $$$$ on a new shotgun I want to buy. :D .
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

.45 colt , KentuckyGuns is a great company to buy from. I have bought over 20 Ruger revolvers from them. Pick a local dealer from the list and order your gun. Kyguns already has their FFL. Then just call that dealer to let them know it is coming. In a few days you have it and Kyguns sends tracking info when it ships. Usually within a week.