OT - Need Help with a Wedding Toast

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

OT - Need Help with a Wedding Toast

Post by BrianSH »

This coming Sunday, my cousin's daughter is getting married. There is a possibility that a toast from my immediate direction will be called for, though I have not received notice of this requirement.

Does anyone out there have a canned toast that I may plagiarize, or maybe a website suitable to enhance my erudition? Or give the impression that I done did matriculate at sometime in my past!

Sincerely, tongue tied in Texas. - Brian
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Need Help with a Wedding Toast

Post by jeepnik »

You could hum "another one bites the dust".
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Daisyman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Daisyman »

:D :D :D
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I was best man at my older brother's wedding and I knew I was going to be in the spotlight for the toast. Of course I had plenty time to prepare. I googled wedding toasts, and read through a ton but none seemed adequate. I just sat down one night and wrote my own. Once I got going on it, it became pretty easy, although it went through several revisions. I spent the next few weeks memorizing it, and would rehearse it on my drive to work every day. I had it down pat, even though it was a tad over 3 minutes long, I had no worries. I am NOT a public speaker, and when the big night came and they handed me the mic, I nearly couldn't remember a word. I took a deep breath and just remembered all the days driving to work rehearsing. Looked out over the couple hundred people staring at me and just belted it out perfectly. I guess what I'm saying is just sit and think about memories you have about the couple, try to throw in some laughs, and in the end just make it about their love for one another. Just let it come from the heart.
NRA Life Member
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Through the teeth and over the gums, look out tummy here it comes.

From Soupy Sales
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's probably not a good idea to talk about Stuntmen for the Honeymoon..... :shock:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

TedH wrote: I guess what I'm saying is just sit and think about memories you have about the couple, try to throw in some laughs, and in the end just make it about their love for one another. Just let it come from the heart.
yep. just that.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Rye is probably the best Toast for a wedding, followed by Sourdough and possibly Unleavened (because it will never Rise)...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
m.wun
Levergunner 3.0

Post by m.wun »

Here's to swimmin with bow legged women!!
What in the wild world of sports is going on here
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

m.wun wrote:Here's to swimmin with bow legged women!!
Ok, I've never heard that quote before in my life, but now this is twice I've seen it today in about a half hours time. :? :lol:
NRA Life Member
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

I was the best man at my sister's wedding. The toast I gave was " To Audrey and Ed, wishing you love, health, peace, and happiness."
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

Here's a Wedding Prayer that looks easy enough to convert to a toast:

A Marriage Prayer

Bless this marriage, O God, as ____ and ____ begin their journey down the road of life together.
We don't know what lies ahead for the road turns and bends. But help them to make the best of whatever comes their way.

Help them to hug each other often, talk and laugh a lot.
Help them to continue to enjoy each other as they did when they first met.
Help them to realize that nothing nor no one is perfect and to look for the good in all things and all people including themselves.
Help them to respect each other's likes and dislikes, opinion and beliefs, hopes and dreams and fears.
Help them to learn from each other and to help each other to grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Help them to realize that there is design and purpose in their lives as in the world, and if they will hold onto each other, they will know that things have a way of working out for the good.
Help them to create for their children a peaceful, stable home of love as a foundation on which they can build their lives.

But most of all, dear God, help them to keep lit the torch of love' that they now share in their hearts so that by their loving example they may pass on the light of love to their children and to their children's children forever.

Amen
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

:lol:
Laughing my head off at the wits here!

OK, took a breather. Here is one I gave for a couple in the family, names changed to protect the innocent:

Dear Lord,

Our hearts rejoice today. You have ordained this act of marriage between (Husband) and (Wife) to be a model of Your love, and as such for their love for each other.

We ask Your blessings for each person who is assembled here and ask that You guard their paths as they return to their homes at the conclusion of this happy event.

We ask Your blessings over (Husband) and (Wife), that this handsome couple will forever remember this day. May they be blessed with prosperity, health, and joy.

May their hearts stay young, and may they always see in each other the beauty of their youth.

May (Wife) be like the stars in (Husband)’s night, and may (Husband) be the sunshine of (Wife)’s morning. When faced with challenges or in joyful times, may they remember You.

May their marriage be fruitful, and their progeny be raised in Your light.

And finally, Lord, we thank You for this food that we are about to enjoy, and praise You for the opportunity to enjoy it together.

Amen
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

TedH wrote:
Ok, I've never heard that quote before in my life, but now this is twice I've seen it today in about a half hours time. :? :lol:
Colonel Potter sang that.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

3leggedturtle wrote:
TedH wrote:
Colonel Potter sang that.
Quint said it in Jaws. Old saying but that's the first time I saw it on screen.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Do not, repeat, do not hum Aerosmith's Dude looks like a lady!

Seriously, say something good about them individually, and give some sort of request for a happy and healthy life together. You should put the blessing part in according to your particular religious views.

If you cannot think when in the spotlight, just use something like this: "Here's to the happy couple. May this day be the start of a long and happy life together, and may they some day look back on this day with fondness and remember it as the start of a wonderful journey on the road of life!"

If you like to be longwinded, or poetic, you could recite the chapter on Marriage from Gibron's "The Prophet". I don't remember you as being loquacious or garrulous enough to pull that one off. Not many are.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

I HAVE A TOAST THAT FITS EVERY SITUATION, I'VE USED EVERYTIME NEEDED INCLUDING WEDDINGS and it never fails to get a laugh. We play it all for laughs anyways...if a young couple does not start out on laughs they're pretty well doomed as all that other stuff is forgotten before the honeymoon.

Here's to the bull that roams the wood
And makes the heifer feel so good
If it weren't for him and his trusty rod
what would we do for beef, by God!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH