Thinking ahead ..

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Thinking ahead ..

Post by J Miller »

Once we get the house moved we're going to have to come back for the stuff in the storage locker.

Rather than rent a trailer or a truck I was wondering if there might be any forum member between Indy and the NE of Indiana who would have an 5x10 to 6x12 cargo trailer they'd loan us for a time. That way we could save some money on rentals.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
magyars4
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Thinking ahead ..

Post by magyars4 »

I have a 16ft flatbed you could borrow...not sue about the lights though.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

magyars4 wrote:I have a 16ft flatbed you could borrow...not sue about the lights though.
Magyars4

Will keep that in mind. Lights I can fix.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

If you need the stuff covered, I've seen a number of flatbed trailers that had simple plywood or OSB boxes built on them to protect the contents. It would cost something unless you could score the materials free, but it still may be cheaper than renting a box trailer.

I've tarped loads, but its hard to keep the tarp exactly where you need it at highway speeds on irregular loads.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

True, so very true.

That's why I'm looking to borrow a box trailer. One never knows what the weather is going to be around here. And most of the stuff we're gonna have to haul is made from wood. Water won't help it a bit.

Joe
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

If checking rental prices, see if theres a difference between one way and local and driving it both ways.

I helped move a minister for a church from several states away, it was much cheaper on the rental truck to rent it locally at the begining than to rent it one way where the guy lived and drive it one way to the destination, even with the extra gas costs. You just never know how rental stuff will price out. I think they discount some things if they are getting too much assets in one area and need them moved around, otherwise they end up paying somebody to move them.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

magyars4 wrote:I have a 16ft flatbed you could borrow...not sue about the lights though.
Magyars4,

You got email through the forum.

Joe