Traded into something unique

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Traded into something unique

Post by wvfarrier »

I traded into this and wanted to get an approximate value from you revolver savvy guys

Excellent 29-2.
4" barrel
Has night sights!! How cool is that!

Coated in Rogard.
Internals coated in NP3

Pre-lock.

Pin and recessed.

Serial#43++++++

The action is crazy good. The fella I traded it from. Said that it was tuned by Novaks about 5 years ago and then just sat in his safe. I do not have any proof but it is dang nice.

2 sets of grips

S&W blue plastic case.

A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Traded into something unique

Post by horsesoldier03 »

NICE REVOLVER, I definitely like the looks and suspect it handles just as well!

With that said, IMO, it will be hard to appreciate the custom work by Novak's without a receipt or proof they indeed did the work. Most model 29s run around $800. If it were mine, I would contact Novak and provide a picture and serial # along with the sellers name and see if they could produce a spec sheet for the custom work. If I were the buyer, I would have to shoot and handle the revolver before I would be prepared to make an offer above going market price.

Check out the ROBAR website and it will give you an idea how much it would cost to have Robar and NP3 coatings applied.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

That barrel looks like a bull barrel. Nice looking firearm.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

It's shoots amazingly!!!!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Good guns. Good for you!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

horsesoldier03 wrote:NICE REVOLVER, I definitely like the looks and suspect it handles just as well!

With that said, IMO, it will be hard to APPRAISE the custom work by Novak's without a receipt or proof they indeed did the work. Most model 29s run around $800. If it were mine, I would contact Novak and provide a picture and serial # along with the sellers name and see if they could produce a spec sheet for the custom work. If I were the buyer, I would have to shoot and handle the revolver before I would be prepared to make an offer above going market price.

Check out the ROBAR website and it will give you an idea how much it would cost to have Robar and NP3 coatings applied.
^This^
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

horsesoldier03 wrote:NICE REVOLVER, I definitely like the looks and suspect it handles just as well!

With that said, IMO, it will be hard to appreciate the custom work by Novak's without a receipt or proof they indeed did the work. Most model 29s run around $800. If it were mine, I would contact Novak and provide a picture and serial # along with the sellers name and see if they could produce a spec sheet for the custom work. If I were the buyer, I would have to shoot and handle the revolver before I would be prepared to make an offer above going market price.

All this --- the Robar stuff brings the value down a bit, but the Novak work may bring it up till it levels out . I personally wouldnt pay over $600 for a coated revolver with Pachmayers on it (i wouldnt even entertain buying one unless it was a factory finished gun ) -- but if the Novak work can be substantiated, then that adds a bit to it for the right buyer . All the work done to it was likely done for practical reasons though, for a field gun
Last edited by Streetstar on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
----- Doug
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

It's surely a keeper
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

wvfarrier wrote:It's surely a keeper
Those are the magic words --- IF it shoots and fulfills a need-- then its it

I have a Colt LAwman that i had parkerized and it occasionally runs Pachmayer grips on it too for comfort :wink: -- So i think your gun has some smart modifications, - but a collector type might not appreciate it
----- Doug
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Great looking revolver. Just something about a 4" N frame.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If you like it, (and you do), it's worth whatever you say it is :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
tman