Another brass cleaning system

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Another brass cleaning system

Post by perry owens »

Got sent his link to a magnetic case cleaner being retailed by a dealer in Yorkshire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGUosE5WgX4
At £365 ($565) each I won't be buying one but they sell the micro needles separately so I might have a go at making one.

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another brass cleaning system

Post by JohndeFresno »

Thanks, Perry -

Comparing this with the much less expensive Harbor Freight Chicago sonic cleaner:
1) Much cheaper,
2) No pins to mess with or replace as they get stuck in the cases,
3) Probably easier on the brass for longevity purposes
4) I suspect a longer lasting motor due to the application

However, look at how many cases it can do at a time! The largest model holds 12 quarts - a little over 10 liters. "Requires approximately 20 minutes for up to 300 brass cases..."

For me, the former fills the bill, but for a large reloader, this might be a great investment as a time saver.

It would be interesting to see a test of some black powder cases, as Griff did with his sonic setup. That would be the last answer, whether or not this new device makes cases "cleaner."