Any of you guys post on ar15.com?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Any of you guys post on ar15.com?

Post by 7.62 Precision »

???
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Any of you guys post on ar15.com?

Post by Griff »

Rarely.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Nope, partly because years ago a petty, egotistical mod/staff named Beekeeper1 banned me for telling him he was giving people bad advice on how to drive in snow and use 4wd :lol: (I think he lives in the SW or SOCAL, I know some parts have snow, but he obv didnt live anywhere near them). A few others who also drive in snow/ice with truck in 4wd half the year agreed with me, but, I was new so...bam. :lol:

I find that I can source about any information about an AR there without getting into the drama and idiocy. All one has to do is read 100 posts there to see that 1/100 actually knows anything, the rest are proof that given an infinite amount of time a bunch of monkeys with typewriters could not compose Shakespeare.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I know theres a lot of good info there, but M4carbine.net seems to have some very well informed folks, and far less adolescent behaviour.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

If I need to know something, I'll ask here.
That goes against the grain of some that believe that everyone should "look" it up for their own self, but I consider asking here as looking it up. 8) Google is not bad if you know how to filter the BS. Or, you could read a book, or magazine article if you trust that One Person knows what he's talking about.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

I went over there a few years ago to look around, didn't take long at all, left and didn't go back. :shock:
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:If I need to know something, I'll ask here.
That goes against the grain of some that believe that everyone should "look" it up for their own self, but I consider asking here as looking it up. 8) Google is not bad if you know how to filter the BS. Or, you could read a book, or magazine article if you trust that One Person knows what he's talking about.
It's pretty common for me to do a search on an AR related subject and have the first couple returns be from Barfcom, and usually with the answer or a link to the answer.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

jnyork wrote:I went over there a few years ago to look around, didn't take long at all, left and didn't go back. :shock:
+1 !
NRA Life Member
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

sore shoulder wrote:
BlaineG wrote:If I need to know something, I'll ask here.
It's pretty common for me to do a search on an AR related subject and have the first couple returns be from Barfcom, and usually with the answer or a link to the answer.
If I were to delve into ARs, I'd ask you and Grizz for advice....Likewise, if you need to know anything about tubas, or not catching fish, I'd be happy to help out. :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

BlaineG wrote:
If I were to delve into ARs, I'd ask you and Grizz for advice....Likewise, if you need to know anything about tubas, or not catching fish, I'd be happy to help out. :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the belly laugh brother. And any time of course. :D
11B30
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Griff wrote:Rarely.
This. You learn pretty quickly which forums are full of primadonnas.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
magyars4
Levergunner 1.0

Post by magyars4 »

I go over there on occasion...
arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Post by arjunky »

Browse, then I found Leverguns. :D haven't posted for quite awhile.

Byron
Last edited by arjunky on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

Only if I'm searching for info. I have read some of the replies and BOY! They are brutal over there! :shock:

Mainehunter :wink:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I used to try but this place spoiled me. I have gotten used to interacting with people who are well mannered, intelligent, and can use words with more than 4 letters.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I do -- Their levergun and revolver content is laughable, but they have topics on a bewildering array of other guns that i look up --- and i chime in the Outdoor Discussions on rare occasion

Despite the name of the site, i rarely venture into the AR 15 side of things unless it is to look at the retro forum -
----- Doug
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

I use it as a resource for information/research, and occasionally, a look at or buy from the classifieds. Knowledgeable people there...only thing I have to contribute is questions.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Hey Blaine, I'm not the one to ask about ARs. I only ever shot one the first time a year ago, and the second time a few weeks ago. That's all I got, zip, nada, nuttin'.

I'm still wet behind the ar-ears and green as pea sap. Just trolling around gleaning info and trying to organize it usefully.

Grizz
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

I do, for entertainment value.... :wink:

Let's see, I learned Glocks blow up, .45 is always deadly than 9mm, 3/4 of the people that post don't shoot more than once per year, there are an entitlement class of people called "FSA's", most people say they carry full size pistols 24/7 along with 2 backup pistols, revolvers are outdated, AR's with barrels longer than 10.5" are useless, and a whole lot claim to be Marine Recon Ranger Air Assault Seals. :roll:
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

I post on their once in awhile and use their classifieds but that is about it. I have been a member here (old board as well) since 2003. I have learned a metric ton and have met quite a few great folks (Terry Murbach).
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I got kicked off of there on the third post. Can't rememeber what it was but there was something that I was 100% sure on and told one of the big shots there.....some el borago or whatever he calls himself, that he was wrong, so I got booted.

I do personally know two other guys that practically live there.....-------6
Model A Uzi’s
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

jdad wrote:I do, for entertainment value.... :wink:

Let's see, I learned Glocks blow up, .45 is always deadly than 9mm, 3/4 of the people that post don't shoot more than once per year, there are an entitlement class of people called "FSA's", most people say they carry full size pistols 24/7 along with 2 backup pistols, revolvers are outdated, AR's with barrels longer than 10.5" are useless, and a whole lot claim to be Marine Recon Ranger Air Assault Seals. :roll:
Jdad, I would say a good portion of them don't even shoot that much. Yet have a scope/optic mounted on a sweet setup that "so far hasn't given them any problems", even though they've never done anything but bore sight it at the tv. :lol:

I once read a scope report from a guy that was 3 paragraphs of flowery description about receiving the package, opening it, how it was packaged, how "tactile" (you will find that word bandied about by the Arftards a lot) the knobs felt, mounting the scope, how pretty it was, how clear the optics were looking out the window at his neighbors cat in the back yard, etc...never shot rifle with scope mounted...yet recommended the scope as a good buy.

:? :? :lol:

That is typical Arftard behavior. And they don't understand why anyone would think their post was stupid and a waste of time. Much less post it in the thread. :shock: :twisted: :lol:

And yes, never ever disagree with the elite keyboard warriors there. Their ego is very much tied to their status as all knowing about guns. Anyone who undermines that by pointing out they are wrong about something will get the hammer. Many of my friends, who are in fact highly knowledgeable, and like me have a low tolerance for idiots, have gotten the hammer there. I consider anyone who has gotten the hammer at Barfcom to be a step above the rest and wear my ban as a badge of honor. :lol:

There are in fact some very knowledgeable people there who have a lot more patience than I, and ability to ignore idiots, who
have a lot of good information. There is also an ammo oracle sticky there that is valuable information. I've learned a lot reading there, and getting banned was actually more of a favor than anything, idiots are my Kryptonite.
11B30
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

Only in my states Hometown sub forum.
Slow is just slow.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Mainehunter wrote:Only if I'm searching for info. I have read some of the replies and BOY! They are brutal over there! :shock:

Mainehunter :wink:
I've noted that you usually find the answer within the first half page of the thread. Unlike here, anything after that is usually a peeing contest between wannabes and armchair operators. Kinda like searching google... If you're past the second page, you've gone too far :)

And yes. This forum has spoiled me as to the standards one should aspire to as well.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

I have never post on that site. I have browsed many a time. Just too much gutter language for me.

hayabusa
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

Ran a company's PR account over there for years. I sometimes spent over 20 hrs a week on the forum or helping customers from the forum, or dealing with stuff there. When the panic times hit, I sometimes spent 60 + hrs a week just on the forum and working with people from the forum.

Came here to relax.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

7.62 Precision wrote: Came here to relax.

7.62.......shhhhhh! I truly believe it's the internets best kept secret.

The AR-15 guys, like most guys who are young, have exceptional ego and energy.....you don't see the military enlisting 60 year old guys like me......I'd tell them to pack sand real fast.

Yea dude......we relax here.....be cool.......kick back.....pop open a cold one.....fire up a doobie.....turn on the Led Zeppelin..........and tell lies! :D ----6
Model A Uzi’s
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I went there once. All I found there was a bunch of butt heads trying to inflate their egos.
If there are any good guys there, they were all on vacation that day.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Yes, I would look for information there, but if it gets into the realm of 'opinions' I'd come HERE.

Folks (hate to use Obummers' word) here are way more honest and humble and give more accurate information, most of the time.

I think it is because LEVERGUNS aren't the "best" or "mostest" of anything - so those of us who think of ourselves as primarily 'levergunners' aren't trying to impress anyone. We just do what we do and deal with it as best we can.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
1894c

Post by 1894c »

I spent some time there to get up-to-speed about the basics of an AR15, since I was putting mine together, but noticed that most recommend at least $2,000.00+ for an AR build (mine cost me $550.00, holiday deals)...haven't been there in a while... :)
firefuzz
Senior Levergunner

Post by firefuzz »

7.62 Precision wrote:???
Used to quite a bit, that's the first forum I meet you on. Still look for info there, hit the lever gun and shotgun sections in the armory every now and then and post a little.

As everybody here knows, I don't play well with obnoxious, over-bearing, condescending, self-righteous, JERKS, and that place is full of them. That's why I hang around here, bunch of nice fellas.

Rob
Proud to be Christian American and not ashamed of being white.

May your rifle always shoot straight, your mag never run dry, you always have one more round than you have adversaries, and your good mate always be there to watch your back.

Because I can!

Never grow a wishbone where a backbone ought to be.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Now I know why you asked that question.......I too, went over there to lurk and found several of MY pictures posted......on the "colt industry" section.

TrainHoghead.....slang for a freight train engineer......that's my boy!----6
Model A Uzi’s
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

:mrgreen:
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

1892 wrote:I spent some time there to get up-to-speed about the basics of an AR15, since I was putting mine together, but noticed that most recommend at least $2,000.00+ for an AR build (mine cost me $550.00, holiday deals)...haven't been there in a while... :)
You cant be a Tier 1 Operator with a 550$ gun you put together yourself
----- Doug