Custommade cat-fur coats

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Senior Levergunner

Custommade cat-fur coats

Post by 2571 »

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Custommade cat-fur coats

Post by FWiedner »

Sounds like a good use for cats, to me.

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Wow, did you read some of the comments against that old lady? Brutal, simply brutal. I wonder if they would have lelt the same way toward her if she was procuring the neighborhood cats for her own nourishment? Would have probably told her to go eat tree bark or moss or something. :lol:

I especially liked the one that asked if she had any black coats for sale :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I hope they make her apologize and explain to each and every little kid who lost a pet cat in the area, just exactly what she did.

That is stunning, and there is no way she will get the punishment she deserves.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Gives a whole new meaning to "crazy cat lady".
NRA Life Member
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

# 203........................

7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

They are cats. They were allowed to stray, and were on someone else's property. If I have an animal that goes onto someone else's property, I can't complain if it is killed. I had a dog that strayed and got into other neighbor's chickens. They shot it just like I have shot a number of dogs that got into our chickens or killed cattle. If a cat comes on my property, I get rid of it one way or another, generally by sending the dog after it (he never has caught one, poor guy.)

The most effective means we ever had of controlling cats were rabbits. We had several and they burrowed under the shed. The neighbor's cats would stalk them. Every so often, one of the cats would follow them under the shed, and never be seen again.

I understand that people like cats, and I never kill an animal that I don't feel a bit sad about, and I really hate killing dogs, but they are still animals. It used to be very common for cats and dogs to be made into fur coats - the most affordable furs used to come from the animal control programs.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Obviously the lady has a mental disorder.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

WOW

They is some mad folk postin there
It was a nicelookin coat they had pictured
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Gotta admit seeing your own cat's hide among others from the neighborhood on one of her coats would be a unique experience.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

I think when I was a boy feral cat pelts brought 60 cents each from the fur buyers.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I've shot feral cats and dogs, but I knew for darn sure they were feral. But shooting neighbor dogs or cats because they cross an invisible line or were lured into doing so crosses a big line with me. If those were golden retriever coats I bet you guys would sing a different tune. If I was missing a golden retriever and lived in that area, that woman would be swing from the tree in her front yard. By her neck. That's a promise I have with any of my dogs, and the first thing my neighbors learn about me when they move in. Never once had a problem.
JRD
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JRD »

Pete,
I have a copy of that book!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

BrentD wrote:I've shot feral cats and dogs, but I knew for darn sure they were feral. But shooting neighbor dogs or cats because they cross an invisible line or were lured into doing so crosses a big line with me. If those were golden retriever coats I bet you guys would sing a different tune. If I was missing a golden retriever and lived in that area, that woman would be swing from the tree in her front yard. By her neck. That's a promise I have with any of my dogs, and the first thing my neighbors learn about me when they move in. Never once had a problem.
A property line is not an imaginary thing, although I suppose that they are sometimes invisible. Some people are serious about the your side/my side thing.

One day you'll encounter a neighbor who is more of a psycho than you are.

:lol:
Last edited by FWiedner on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

FWiedner wrote:
BrentD wrote:I've shot feral cats and dogs, but I knew for darn sure they were feral. But shooting neighbor dogs or cats because they cross an invisible line or were lured into doing so crosses a big line with me. If those were golden retriever coats I bet you guys would sing a different tune. If I was missing a golden retriever and lived in that area, that woman would be swing from the tree in her front yard. By her neck. That's a promise I have with any of my dogs, and the first thing my neighbors learn about me when they move in. Never once had a problem.
A property line is not imaginary.

One day you'll encounter a neighbor who is more of a psycho than you are.
:lol:
Had one once. He was a federal transplant from Louisiana to Kansas. Luckily, his wife was a little sharper and reminded him that Brent didn't seem to be kidding.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

BrentD wrote:...were lured into doing so crosses a big line with me...
I'd agree. And apparently the DA in Waco agrees. Dogs are a different story in many jurisdictions. Cats are generally considered to be "free spirits", while dogs are considered to be the owner's property... One may not destroy or damage another's property without proof that it is destroying or damaging your property.

Some of the responses (on either side of the question), are just as crazy as some might think the old lady is...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

I love my cat. I hate feral cats.
No paradox here.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I don't care for cats, but shooting a domestic cat takes a PelosiHead..
(An air soft to the rear is a different matter)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

BrentD wrote:That's a promise I have with any of my dogs, and the first thing my neighbors learn about me when they move in. Never once had a problem.
Had neighbors make the same kind of promises and we still shot their dogs when they killed cattle.

If your dog shows up in my yard and behaves reasonably, it is good to go and will probably get petted a bit. But if it shows up and causes a problem chronically, it will get shot. I think that is reasonable. Also, I have had lots of neighbor or unknown dogs in my yards over the years, and have not shot one since the early 90s, so I'm not just shooting anything that sets foot on my property - dogs are probably the most unpleasant thing for me to shoot, and I do all I can to avoid it.

Where I grew up, if people saw a dog running a deer, they shot it.
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I'll make a point of shooting chronic problem cattle too - lot of folks that just can't keep their fence, but a couple of "accidentally" dead cows helps get their attention a lot.
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

7.62, did they shoot the dog or deer?
sureshot
Levergunner 2.0

Post by sureshot »

A bunch of black cats strayed into Seattle this weekend.
Didn't end well for 'em.....
Probably make a nice coat.... :lol:
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 44shooter »

Guys, consider the source. It's a bogus tabloid website. Just look at the ridiculous stories on the homepage.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Post by 7.62 Precision »

carbluesnake wrote:7.62, did they shoot the dog or deer?
The dog. We depended on the deer to live, and 15 min. of being run by a dog can make the difference between whether the deer makes it through the winter or not.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

44shooter wrote:Guys, consider the source. It's a bogus tabloid website. Just look at the ridiculous stories on the homepage.
Hilarious tales from around the world...... :lol: watch out Florida for that ghost ship!…... :o
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

What amazes me is that people think their cat has a God Given Right to run loose in the neighborhood. If my dog did that, i would be getting notices from the neighbors and police and eventually be paying fines if it continued.

I hate cats, when I was a teenager back in HS, I was at a friends house and the neighbor had a big tom cat that jumped inside my pickup and took a pee on the passenger side floor board. I suspect everyone here is smart enough to know how foul Tom Cat Urine can be in a truck cab on a hot summer day.

MORE POWER THE TO CRAZY CAT LADY. If you love your cat, keep it at home.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Like 7.62, where I grew up a dog or dogs running deer were shot and the game wardens would back you up. Not very often would someone complain. It was good year round practice for those fast running shots.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Well to quote that page and PETA's comments "These cats are living beings and all living beings are equal to Mother Earth. I hope she goes to jail for a very long time” , well for PETA and anyone else that thinks swinging from a tree or many years in prison is ample punishment, all I can say is, if we can get this upset over cats, what are we doing about the MILLIONS of babies being slaughtered every year, and having OUR tax dollars pay for it?

Did she kill them quickly and humanely? I don't know. Was her method better than snipping their spines or using sharp instruments to cut them to pieces before using a vacuum cleaner (or a medically named equivalent) to suck them away? Most likely her method was more humane.

Are not human babies "egual to mother earth", whatever that means? Oh wait, that's a "right" I forgot. Killing a cat isn't.

While I don't necessarily agree with what she did, are we justified in condemning her? Pets are revered here (as PETA likes to rant about) but other countries use them as table fare. Are we wrong or are they? India worships cows, we eat them (and I like beef) so are we wrong or are they (I do NOT worship any animal, only the one true Living God)? Jews were forbidden from eating pork, but we raise them for food.

I am not against ridding the area of a problem animal. if they cannot or the owner will not retrain them, something must be done.

In my thinking she was wrong only for luring neighbors cats in and killing them. Raising them would have perfectly fine with me.

But I ran a trapline in the 60's also so I am not a fur-a-phobic. An animal is an animal. Yes I have a cat and a dog, that are both inside at the moment, and would not shoot them for doing something like crossing property lines, but if they were killing neighbors animals or livestock, well all I can say is at the least, they would not live here anymore. Yet they are both pets of mine and I have strong feelings towards them, and enjoy their personalities.

Not trying to step on anyones opinions, but just pointing out some of our bias's towards pets, that to me are not justified.
carbluesnake
Levergunner 2.0

Post by carbluesnake »

Handirifle, I'm with you on this. People live in the country so they can let their animals roam; HOWEVER, if your animals cause problems, others ought to tell you so you can take care of the problem, and if you can't, all bets are off.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Posted it here from a local gunsite. It turned out to be phony but the old lady REALLY was prosecuted in GA for selling mj.

Thought you'd enjoy it here because there have been some funny anti-cat strings/comments here in the past.