Merry Christmas from Southern AZ

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Merry Christmas from Southern AZ

Post by olyinaz »

Been a while. Just thought I'd drop in to wish y'all a Merry Christmas. HE is the reason for the season, but we do celebrate, so my sweetie got me a classic shootin' iron with which we WILL celebrate:

Hope your year has been good to you. Been busy shooting and reloading but mostly working. A few new guns. Been having a ball with this:

Can't recall if I posted this, but she's a real sweetie and shoots right to point of aim:

I built a 300 Blackout, just to fiddle with. I'm unimpressed:

Found a smoking deal on an LR-308 so I figured I'd see how it stacks up to my 30 RARs (it's a pound heavier and about 200 fps faster...that's pretty much it)

Since Remington and the Free-dumb Group seem to have difficulty getting their act together, I built my own AR in 30 Remington AR which is flat out the best round ever chambered in a (mostly) standard AR-15. It's a bit of a PITA to build one though because it needs a proprietary bolt and barrel extension - two key parts of an AR. All other components are standard AR-15 here with a McGowan barrel, and she shoots like a house afire.

And since this is Leverguns, I found this nice .45-70 at the local pusher for less than the new junk runs. Brand new in the box. I almost tripped over myself pulling my wallet out and may have injured the man next to me. :lol: It all worked out. :wink:

Have a blessed year and make it fun. If you're not havin' fun...you're doin' something wrong!
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Re: Merry Christmas from Southern AZ

Post by plowboy 45 »

Hope you had a good Christmas
Lotta nice lookin guns there
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Good to hear you're still kickin', oly. Nice looking batch of new acquisitions you have there -- I suspect you have been having plenty of fun.

I almost got into your part of the world a couple of months ago. Had a family reunion in Dragoon. I have met some folks who haven't even heard of Dragoon, AZ. Fancy that.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Looks like you been having some fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Merry Christmas :D :D
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Nice to hear from you, I love your part of the world, all the best for 2015.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Tucson is very nice been there twice . Glad Your doing well. The Marlin is one of My favorite rifles. Good for You.