Gamebore Shotshells? (Nath, GameKeeper, or others)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Gamebore Shotshells? (Nath, GameKeeper, or others)

Post by EdinCT »

I bought some Game Bore Shells with fiber wads and # 7 shot in 12 and 20 Ga. Thinking they would be a nice first shot load for rabbits and woodcock. Ever use them and what do you think? I started with fiber wads and remembered them shooting not as tight a pattern has the plastic wads, but very effective none the less. Is the diamond shot any harder than other high antimony shot?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Gamebore Shotshells? (Nath, GameKeeper, or others)

Post by gamekeeper »

I have used Gamebore cartridges in 12, 16, 20, 28 and .410, I have never had a problem with quality or consistency.
I wish I could say the same for my shooting....... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

Gamebore is a popular native brand with an extensive product range. I used them for many years when shooting sporting clays without any issues. I don't use them for cowboy action because I shoot all black powder but I know many shooters who do. Many shoots in the UK require fibre wads as they are less harmful to grazing animals than plastic. I don't think diamond shot is ultra-hard but it is polished or coated to stop the shot balling up.

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

I shoot gamebore occasionally through one of my short chambered shotguns. THey work just fine (at least in 16ga)
I have had no issue with them and have killed a number of pheasants and prairie chickens with them.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I have some 12 and 16 Gamebore on my shelf . They both are 2 1/2". I have a W&C Scott 12 gauge and a Parker GH 16 that have 2 1/2" chambers . My three Parker 12's might also have 2 1/2" chambers , never checked !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I wanna get some Gamebore 20 gauge 2 1/2" for my little 20 W&C Scott .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I'd get RST 2 1/2" , but they seem harder to cone by lately .
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

Well they work well for woodcock I shot one this afternoon at 30 yards or so with the 20 ga and brought him down. Had to chase him a little and was thinking I need another dog like Tia. I had a Britney and a English setter and sure miss the help.
Six point the shells I bought for the 20 say 2 1/2 but open to 2 3/4 after firing the 12 ga are shorter and open to 2 1/2.
Both hold 1 ounce of #7's.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Ballistic Products carries them, including some 2 1/2" shells for older guns, or they can supply fiber wads if you want to roll your own.