Guy Fawkes Night

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Guy Fawkes Night

Post by Ray Newman »

Wishing our UK and Commonwealth Shooting fraternity a rousing, but not too rowdy, Guy Fawkes Hight celebration!

For those Not-In-The Know ‘bout Guy Fawkes, see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_Night
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Guy Fawkes Night

Post by gamekeeper »

Thank you sir, I used to be the gamekeeper on the Huddington Estate, home of some of the main conspirators, before anyone asks, NO, I was not there at the same time...... :wink:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

game keeper wrote:Thank you sir, I used to be the gamekeeper on the Huddington Estate, home of some of the main conspirators, before anyone asks, NO, I was not there at the same time...... :wink:
How many of these 'estates' are there, and what is a typical size, situation, etc...???

This kind of thing isn't common here on the west side of the pond, and I don't really understand how it works.

Please enlighten me, and THANKS for all your informative posts so far.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Doc, it's real simple, if you have a hereditary title like Duke or Earl you inherit the family plot, could be several thousand acres, if you are not born with a title and you want to own a country estate then all you have to do is become a multi multi millionaire and buy an estate from a poor old duke who has sadly fallen on hard times.
An estate can be just a few acres or several thousand, it comes with the large stately home, a bit like Buckingham Palace and it takes an army of staff to keep it running. Gamekeepers are just some of the many workers who earn a living from this system.The estate may be made up by tenant farms as was Huddington Court, with a large country house dating back well before the gunpowder plot of 1605.
In olden times if you did the king a favour he could give you an estate so you could lord it over the peasants and tax them or make them join your army and go to war against so called enemies of the crown.
Today most estates are run as businesses and they rely on farming, tourism and selling hunting, shooting and fishing.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
KiwiKev
Levergunner 2.0

Post by KiwiKev »

Of course this is quite different from living on a Council Estate. :lol:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

KiwiKev wrote:Of course this is quite different from living on a Council Estate. :lol:
Yes, very different..... :lol:
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

GK, you weren't by any chance also the gamekeeper on the Wragby Estate?

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

perry owens wrote:GK, you weren't by any chance also the gamekeeper on the Wragby Estate?

Perry Owens
No, you are confusing me with Oliver Mellors, a common mistake...... :lol: