Midwest Gun Works

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Midwest Gun Works

Post by gamekeeper »

Anyone know these folks? they are not replying to my local dealers emails, he is in need of a new carrier for a Winchester 9410 and Midwest Gun Works seem to be the only ones with right carrier with the magnet @ $45.00.
My local dealer has all the correct paperwork for import and export and has emailed them three times but has not had a reply.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
7.62 Precision
Senior Levergunner

Re: Midwest Gun Works

Post by 7.62 Precision »

I have purchased from them several times, and they are good to work with and usually respond to emails within a day or so.

However, the export of firearms parts from the US is tightly restricted, and no company can export most parts unless they are set up to do so on the US side. I know that I often get inquiries about exporting stuff that I do not even respond to, since while I can do limited export of certain things, on stuff I can't or don't export, it almost always turns into an ugly waste of time when I actually respond to such requests, as most of those people requesting international shipment become rude and flood me with emails when I decline to export. This makes it easier to just ignore such requests.

I normally do respond to inquiries from people in UK, Canada, NZ, and AU, (and most European inquiries that I can forward to a friend who deals the same products in Europe). Even so, people from especially Asian countries will often initially contact us claiming to be from UK or AU.
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

Here's your answer GK...

"International Orders are NOT Accepted.
MidwestGunWorks.com does not accept orders or ship any products outside of the United States of America. Emails and phone calls regarding shipping products outside of the United States will go unanswered."

This is from the Policies section of their web site. There are lots of parts that can be legally shipped but I suspect they just can't be bothered with small overseas orders. Last time I bought a carrier for an 1894 from them I had it shipped to a friend in the USA who then mailed it with no problems.

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

it's possible their mail server bounces foreign emails, they may never see them.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My local gun dealer spoke to Midwest Gun Works and they told him they will not send anything gun related, even a screw, overseas.
Does anyone know of a supplier of Winchester parts that would have a carrier for the 9410 shotgun?
The one he took out was in three pieces!
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

game keeper, have you tried these guys to see if they can help you out. I have ordered several things for brownings through them and they may be able to help you with your Winchester.
http://www.westerngunparts.com/western_ ... ts_001.htm
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks harry, I'll give my dealer the details, the carrier is for a customers gun, those 9410s are too pricey for me.... :wink:
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My dealer phoned Western Gun Parts today and they have the carrier with the magnet and will ship to the UK..
Thanks again harry.... :D
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

game keeper wrote:My dealer phoned Western Gun Parts today and they have the carrier with the magnet and will ship to the UK..
Thanks again harry.... :D
Your welcome,
By the way if anyone needs parts for a B-92, Western Gun Parts bought the entire inventory of Browning's remaining parts from the factory when they discontinued that model.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."