Midway USA

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Midway USA

Post by .45colt »

Some time ago I received an e-mail from Midway that they were working to improve there shipping.....O.K. I thought yep, sure. My Son in Law is taking My former model 92 this year for Deer season and I wanted to get some potent ammo to Help Him in His quest.
Midway has Buffalo Bore on sale so Monday I called them and got 2 boxes. the UPS Driver left about 1/2 hour ago... store to My door in 48 hours... :shock: .Things are looking UP. 8) .Jim.
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Midway USA

Post by TedH »

I work about 4 miles from Midway. When I need something, I place my order online and indicate I will pick it up rather than have them ship. I get an email stating my order is ready for pickup usually within 30 minutes.
NRA Life Member
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Fairly often, I order on Wednesday, and it comes Friday. If not, the following Monday nearly always.

I've no real problem with MidwayUSA, other than a few times they didn't carry the product version I wanted, but carried other similar ones from the same manufacturer.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I envy you guys, I have to use Midway UK, I have to wait for stuff to be shipped from the US and then pay way over the odds for it, example I am going to order a Mossberg bantam stock for Shirley's 20ga 500, price in US $75.99 price to me in the UK $154.20 plus p&p. :cry:
Last edited by gamekeeper on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I have used them for many years and find the item often beats their expected delivery date by at least a day. :D
perry owens
Levergunner 3.0

Post by perry owens »

game keeper wrote:I envy you guys, I have to use Midway UK, I have to wait for stuff to be shipped from the US and then pay way over the odds for it, example I am going to order a Mossberg bantam stock for Shirley's 20ga 500, price in US $75.99 price to me in the UK $154.20 plus p&p. :cry:
When I was living in the US I bought a lot of stuff from Midway but when I moved back to the UK they cancelled my account and said I had to deal with Midwayuk only. Since everything you order is drop-shipped from the USA the UK middleman adds nothing to the process except cost. Nowadays I only buy from Buffalo Arms or Track of the Wolf.

Perry Owens
"Always carry a firearm east of Aldgate Watson."
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

maybe I'm closer, but I've always had 2-day delivery from Midway
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

If it's in stock, then, I get stuff rather quickly. But, their backorder stuff is a mess.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

their wishlist works well - I keep small items (some out of stock) in the wishlist and check what's up whenever I place an order.
I've also had good luck with their backorder emails, able to get a couple of .22 bricks I wanted months ago.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Griff wrote:If it's in stock, then, I get stuff rather quickly. But, their backorder stuff is a JOKE.
Fixed it for you :D
I buy a lot of stuff from Midway (and Amazon, MidSouth, and Natchez) but have had some things on back order over a year. I'm pretty sure they just don't want to honor the backorder price. I've left it active just to see if they ever honor it.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

vancelw wrote:
Griff wrote:If it's in stock, then, I get stuff rather quickly. But, their backorder stuff is a JOKE.
Fixed it for you :D
I buy a lot of stuff from Midway (and Amazon, MidSouth, and Natchez) but have had some things on back order over a year. I'm pretty sure they just don't want to honor the backorder price. I've left it active just to see if they ever honor it.
The last thing I ordered that was on backorder was a roll crimp die for the 45ACP, to use with my 45ACP die set when I load Cowboy45Special... and after 4 mos. it came... same price and all.

Why this one item was shipped when several other items, on prior backorders, have not been shipped, nor are on back order any longer is a mystery...
Last edited by Griff on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Griff wrote:If it's in stock, then, I get stuff rather quickly. But, their backorder stuff is a mess.
Easy way to fix that !

If it goes on back order delete it and you have no worries .

We order from them once or twice every week and generally anything they don't have in stock I do not order .

I treat Brownell's the same way .

Jerry's and Accusport if they don't have it in stock I put it in a thing like a want list and they then call or email and ask if I still want it before they automatically ship .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Do you all remember when MidwayUSA shipped all orders over $25 for "free"? I know the cost of shipping was in the price, but boy-howdy, those were the days!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Overall they have lowered their shipping prices. Used to, you couldn't afford to buy anything less than 25 bucks because the shipping was so high.
They also offer a lot of dollar off promotions for orders over 50, 100, 150, etc. It's just a pain to have to look for those codes and remember to enter them at checkout.

I recently ordered several butler creek scope covers. Amazon was 50 cents higher for the bunch than Midway on the total cost to get it to my door. I ordered from Amazon because I got the entire order in two days. Midway was going to take 5. Later, I was back on Midway and noticed all those items in my cart were now on sale for 3 dollars less each :twisted: Dang, I should have waited!
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
JohndeFresno
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JohndeFresno »

I go to Midway first, because their website still has the best (quickest, most complete, most flexible, most accurate, most keywords) search engine that I have encountered since I started reloading (12 years, I think). Their prices are fair, shipping is reasonable. There are one or two sites that seem to be consistently lower in price, but time to me (at least) is very precious.

And they are, as they claim, quicker than ever in getting the goods to me. I am frequently surprised at how quick the stuff gets here to California.

Backorder? Yup - I don't do that anymore. Backorders are a real problem with most suppliers, these days. Once or twice I "made do" with a similar cast bullet, powder, or other component.

Instead, I just look elsewhere, frequently using Gunbot as a search engine for any reloading components if Midway doesn't have it (http://www.gunbot.net - free and pretty up-to-date search).

Our fellow levergunner, Rimfire McNutjob, created and gave us the great "Anvil" bot that kept me out of trouble with the primer supply when they were more or less non existent.
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

Ysabel Kid wrote:Do you all remember when MidwayUSA shipped all orders over $25 for "free"? I know the cost of shipping was in the price, but boy-howdy, those were the days!
are you sure that is true? I believe below $25 they added a $3 handling charge plus shipping.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

bulldog1935 wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:Do you all remember when MidwayUSA shipped all orders over $25 for "free"? I know the cost of shipping was in the price, but boy-howdy, those were the days!
are you sure that is true? I believe below $25 they added a $3 handling charge plus shipping.
I had to re-read that twice to make sure y'all weren't arguing the same thing :lol:
But, that is correct. If the orders were under $25 they used to add a handling fee on top of shipping. If over $25 you only had to pay the shipping. I know that kept me from ordering a lot of things in the past. Now I WISH I ever ordered anything under 25 :roll: A 'small' order for me tends to be just shy of 200. You'd think I had enough junk by now.....

Grafs gives 'free' shipping with only a handling charge, but their prices tend to be high. But, if you only need one item, sometimes that's the way to go.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I'm lucky. It's a 15 min ride to just walk in to Graf's and pick out what I want. Yes, their prices aren't the lowest, but they have what I want more often than not.

Post by JohndeFresno »

vancelw wrote: Grafs gives 'free' shipping with only a handling charge, but their prices tend to be high. But, if you only need one item, sometimes that's the way to go.
Graf's has been good with stocking items that others had on "backorder."

Streicher's has had Federal HST .45 ACP HP's (my daily carry round) when nobody else had them on hand or even sold them.