OT -- Spotted: .22 Shorts

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

OT -- Spotted: .22 Shorts

Post by Ray Newman »

Saw today at I-5 Guns, Olympia, WA, and might be of interest to some here

Remington .22 Shorts US$8.99 per 100. Have no idea if that is a good price or not. Took a double take as I have not seen .22 Shorts on a dealer’s shelves in more than a few years.

I have no affiliation with I-5 guns.

I-5 Guns
7914 Martin Way E, Ste. 1
Olympia, WA 98516
1-360-515-0755
http://www.I5guns.com
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT -- Spotted: .22 Shorts

Post by vancelw »

I don't know about a good price but it seems to be the current price. My LGS has a stack of them at the same price.
I'm wondering, with the demand for LR, why waste time making shorts at all right now? I guess it's a totally separate line.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
1894c

Post by 1894c »

In my opinion you're topic is not OT...I appreciate the heads up...in 2011 all I could find was CCI .22-shorts, and they sold me all that I wanted so I bought 4,000 rounds--been shooting those for the last three years (only have 400 left). Never shot a .22-short before, really like them...it's a real challenge to shoot clay pigeons at 70-yards with my 1957 LE buy-back $75.00 beat-up Ruger Single-Six (my favorite--ever), but the shorts have made me a better shot.

Side-NOTE: I do have a new set of Ruger grips, but still can't decide how to finish the pistol...
and I shoot this Single-Six just about every week.
single-six.1957.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

1892; thats almost exactly how my OM SS looks, it shoots lights out with the W-W 45gr Dynapoints.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
BrentD

Post by BrentD »

I've got some shorts I don't need (the shooting kind, not the clothing kind :) ).

Not sure they are worth enough to justify having to FedEx them but if someone is interested, I could do an inventory. My shorts rifle was revised to LR and I won't be going back that direction again. I might have a couple hundred I suppose.
magyars4
Levergunner 1.0

Post by magyars4 »

I have a 10-22 that has been converted to shoot 22 short....I have been able to find shorts on occasion when all other 22 rimfires were unavailable.
Volquartsen sells 22 short chambered barrels and modified 10 rnd mags......