There is some powder available today...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

There is some powder available today...

Post by earlmck »

Just to keep some kind of tabs on the latest craziness, I occasionally peruse my main suppliers to see what they have for gunpowder. Today for the first time there is a modest bit of powder to be had from all of my "usual supects".

MidSouth had the best selection with AA2495 and 4064; H322 and 414; IMR4320, 4350 and 4227; WW760; VVN133.

Grafs and Powder Valley added 3031 to the mix, while Midway had all the Norma powders from 200 thru MRP.
And most of the really slow powders can be found but that has been true all along.

I would buy a jug of TrailBoss if I found it but other than that I am fixed for the duration. Just thought I'd mention this in case some of you are getting a little short of some of the medium-burn powders that we tend to use.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Re: There is some powder available today...

Post by vancelw »

Midsouth had quite a bit more two weeks ago, but it sold out quickly. I was considering some AA4350 and AA2460, but it sold out while I was looking at it. Oh well, I still have plenty....it just never hurts to have MORE, right?
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

It took 11 months to receive two 8#ers from Midsouth. They accept backorder so you can have them contact you when it arrives. If you do not want it, you can decline. Backorder is the best way to get in line.

TomF
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Yeah, they said that's where the AA4350 went so quickly.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

I've been finding several IMR types as well as Hodgdon powders locally for some time. Not all but some. Prices are a bit higher than "normal".
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.