Baggage for a 9 Month Trip

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Baggage for a 9 Month Trip

Post by oldgerboy »

Well, wifie and I left August 8th for our wintering in Texas (as I mentioned in a previous post). Unfortunately, we are unable to go to Oregon but are now sitting in a campground a little south of Rapid City. We have not had reliable wifi until now and our hot spot was about full. I managed to come up with a good mix of travel "toys".
Henry youth size .22 rf, Savage bolt gun 22 mag, 357 Rossi, and a Marlin .30-30 half magazine. Those were the ones that didn't need assembled. I completed assembly on a '68 94 Winchester that is browned and barreled to 32 Special in a camp ground in Illinois. Assembly is under way on a late 50's 94 that was missing a bunch of parts. I've been able to buy some and have adapted a few post 64 parts.
So many campgrounds don't want any firearms around ... out of sight = out of mind ... so working on it under the awning is out of the question. Hopefully the place west of Mission, Texas doesn't have their head inserted in the same place.
South Dakota is a beautiful place. It's been 22 years since we were here. Two weeks is hardly enough time to even enjoy the tourist attractions let alone just drive and enjoy the land.
Hopefully a chance to hunt or just murder some targets is in the future.
If any of you are around the area, I'd like to meet you and -as a friend of mine says- spread some fertilizer around. :D
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Baggage for a 9 Month Trip

Post by Griff »

If they tell you to shoot the guys in blue windbreakers (mules)... they're only half joking. I still wouldn't... lots of paperwork... unless you've got a backhoe along! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I want to go east through there next month on my trip....I need to see Rushmore, and buy a Levergunner a cup of coffee. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I want another bowl of that split pea soup!
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

Black Hills is a great place!!! Jack First in Rapid has lots of parts
We may go to the Hills later next week for a few days or Wheatland may be on your way south

ollogger