RIA Rifle in .22 TCM

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

RIA Rifle in .22 TCM

Post by wm »

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014 ... le-22-tcm/

Well this kind of interests me.....at least a little.

Is the barrel easily removable? Like on a Ruger 10/22? If so and you could get a 9mm barrel (22 TCM is a 9mm necked down to 22) I might be interested.

A rifle such as this with a 9mm 147 grain subsonic and a suppressor would be a diverting little small game rig and general purpose plinker IMO.

Likewise I would like to see how well a RIA Longslide in 22 TCM and 9mm 147 gr Subsonic would perform as I view both cartridges & the longslide platform as more hunting appropriate then self defense (though they would & have work as such).
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: RIA Rifle in .22 TCM

Post by gamekeeper »

8) But I'd like open sights as an option.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

That little round sounds like fun. I handled a Rock Island 1911 chambered in it at the NRA convention, but unfortunately they didn't let me fire it in the Convention Center - can't understand why. I promised I'd aim it at the ceiling and not hit anyone.

Here's the Rock Island one:

https://us.armscor.com/products/categor ... mag-series
Last edited by AJMD429 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

In a 1911 it intrigues me. Wound cavity through ballistic gelatin suggest similar characteristics to a 9mm. It seems to perform better than 9mm on hog leg. Not sure I would trust it at range where it starts to lose all that velocity with no mass to back it up, but inside gun-fighting distances it looks pretty gnarly.

Here's a you tube comparing 45, 9 and 22tcm on armored glass, steel and hog shoulder. You might be surprised
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hFnqoYZcOgc.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I must not be paying attention. This one is new to me ... like a rimless Bee.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

of course I am thinking of a heavy for caliber 80gr hardcast bullet, plain base, truncated cone, with some lathe turned brass solids for diversity training.

that clip of the guy cycling the bolt rifle reinforced and confirmed why my last six or seven firearms are bottom feeding auto shuckers.

naturally I have to wonder about the 44/22s and 45/22s and of course the s&w 50/22 for emphasis. the last one might cycle thru a 50 beowolf action with a barrel liner. or some such nonsense.

as far as the 9mm/22 round it looks like a lot of fun, the pistol seems like a good combo gun. the bolt action, not so much.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I would like to read more accuracy reports. This gun was announced over a year ago and have never seen one. I would be curious how the brass holds up to reloads.
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

Seems like a cool cartridge and it makes a guy wonder why it hasn't shown up sooner since it's based on a 9mm casing. In a rifle it would be truly at home in an AR15 since the round also uses 9mm mags. In the AR the mags come in 20 and 32 rounders.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

We'll the .224 Boz came out many years ago now, but they wouldn't actually sell it to anyone which didn't help sales. lol :roll:
Slow is just slow.
jcw
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jcw »

This is a new one for me also. What case is it based on? Looks too long to be a necked down 9MM case.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Look at how big the objective of that scope is.
Look at how high those mounts are.
Look at how high off the stock his face is.
I would not shoot that combo well.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

A friend's got a custom one in a 1911. I was tempted until I saw they were double stacks and not 1911's.
Slow is just slow.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by oldgerboy »

You're right about the Bee. I just made a rimless Bee (same as a .22 Johnson) on a hornet action with a bad chamber. I never thought about the possibility of a 9mm conversion. That is a handy idea ... and if it was a 16" barreled carbine it would be a great survival tool.