Offhand thread on another forum.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Offhand thread on another forum.

Post by Canuck Bob »

My two favorite Canadian forums are flooded with threads like, "Your Hunting Rifle shoots 1 MOA at 200 yards all day long, PROVE IT". Simple rules are posted and pics are required. The Alberta forum had an offhand group challenge for hunters like this. Basically 3 4 shot groups on a 6-8" circles at 100 yards. It was amazing to see guys post a few pics of groups around 5" and braggin! The usual 1/2 MOA crowd were a bit quiet.

The thread ran awhile and got a good look but only a few guys actually posted targets for proof. It was educational. I'm going to start trying to shoot some offhand groups semi-serious. Last time out my skill level was terrible offhand. I like to think 6" groups at 150 or 200 would make me real happy. Putting 5 on a 8 1/2X11 copy paper is a challenge sadly.