Winchester 94/30wcf

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Winchester 94/30wcf

Post by pwl44m »

Here is an exercise in Firearms Evaluation for U Gents. I won't comment just yet, I just want Your Personal evaluation of this Firearm.
Now this will only work for Facebook Guys as I don't know how to post a link to the particular ad. 530Fishing,Hunting&OutdoorGear (Buy,Sell,Trade,Advertise), I don't know if the link will work but at least U know the place to find it. The Op's name is Chris Dirden which U might have to use to find the ad. If U can't find it let Me know and I will do what I can to help.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester 94/30wcf

Post by pwl44m »

Lets see if this works, https://www.facebook.com/groups/703526406364262/. it was posted on June 15th.
Perry
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

"Flat band" carbine. Post WW2, '47-'49 IIRC, not extremely collectible, but popular variant anyway. I'd say it'd been carried by hand, not scabbarded, but pics don't show muzzle area well. I'd want to see pics of left side. Being rt handed, my tend to get laid down on their left side, which means that's where most of the dings end up.

If I were to make an offer, I'd be in @ $6-700. I've seen 'em go higher, but in better condition. But, I'm not a fan of the flat band. The wood's a little "shinny", but that might just mean he waxed it.

A collector lookin' for a flat band would certainly outbid me.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Les Staley
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Les Staley »

The only thing I have against flatband carbines is they had no factory holes for tang or receiver mounted peep sights..seem to be right after tang sights and just before receiver sights...that being said, I have two, a 32 special and a 30 wcf..kinda like 'em..
This is plagiarized from someone else, but I love it!

I was born a gun owner.
It wasn't a choice.
I didn't become one later in life.
I was born this way.
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

They aren't that hard to drill and tap for a receiver sight. :D

When I've seen them for sale, the first thing that went through my mind was "I wonder how much a regular looking front band costs?"
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

He wanted at least a thousand.....Not in my lifetime :shock:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

He sold it for $850, My main gist was that the wood had been sanded hard (as evidenced by the proud metal at the wrist and frame) plus the very laquered shine on the stock. To say that it had never been refinished was a blatant Lie or He is totally Gun Stupid. I asked for pics of the left side but He said it had been sold.
Some Wise Guy told Him it was worth about half His asking price of $1000. :lol: There will be another in the right Caliber.
Perry