Federal Deer THUGS ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Federal Deer THUGS ?

Post by cshold »

Any Of you guys try this brand yet?

WEST POINT, MS - Federal Ammunition recently teamed with Mossy Oak on a new product that has ties to the camouflage company’s “THUGS” TV productions.

Similar to the Federal Turkey THUGS line of shot shells, the concept for new Federal Deer THUGS rifle ammunition started with a TV show.
The program, “Deer THUGS” airs on the Pursuit Channel Monday nights at 9 p.m. (EST) and features five hunters who make their living hunting and guiding for whitetails.

Deer THUGS ammunition, part of the Power-Shok™ line, sold exclusively at WalMart, includes loads in nine calibers: 243 Win., 25-06 Rem., 270 Win., 7mm Rem. Magnum, 30-30 Win., 308 Win., 30-06 Spring., 300 WSM and 300 Win. Magnum. The .243, .25-06 and 7mm each have one bullet offering, the .270 and .30-30 have two, and the .308, .30-06 and .300s include three. The bullet in these cartridges offers exceptional accuracy. It is also made using a proprietary plating process that results in high weight retention and expansion. The cartridges are packaged in a box printed with Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity camouflage and the Deer THUGS logo. It’s a perfect option for the avid whitetail hunter.

In addition to providing hunters a reliable, deadly bullet, the Deer THUGS line helps supports a noble cause. THUG is actually an acronym: Today’s Hunters United for Good. All of the products licensed under the name, including the TV show, provide support for wounded veterans. A portion of the proceeds from each box of Deer THUGS ammunition goes to the Outdoor Recreation Heritage Fund, which was created by the Paralyzed Veterans of America, a service organization devoted to helping veterans with spinal cord injuries or dysfunctions. The fund provides opportunities to paralyzed veterans to participate in hunting trips and recreational shooting, as well as supports fishing, hand cycling, triathlon and track-and-field activities.

“The goal of this product was to provide a cartridge that meets the needs of serious whitetail hunters, but the result has been much more: Support for disabled veterans. It’s a result for which all of us at Federal can be proud,” said Mike Holm Federal Ammunition Product Manager.
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: Federal Deer THUGS ?

Post by Griff »

ImageImage
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
K1500
Levergunner 2.0

Post by K1500 »

While it supports a worthy cause (one to which I donate), I personally refuse to buy products with stupid advertising like deer THUGS. I guess it would be okay if you consider yourself a thug...
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

K1500 wrote:While it supports a worthy cause (one to which I donate), I personally refuse to buy products with stupid advertising like deer THUGS. I guess it would be okay if you consider yourself a thug...
I come at a product from the opposite end.
I'm much less interested in the handle & the packaging and much more interested
in the product living up to or exceeding what it's advertised to do. :)
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

BlaineG wrote:How to shoot Thug-style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDnEkFSMRik
:lol: it's okay to admit you've tried it Blaine :lol:
I'll admit, minus the taunting & package grab,,,, I've tried it with the Sig :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

casastahle wrote:
BlaineG wrote:How to shoot Thug-style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDnEkFSMRik
:lol: it's okay to admit you've tried it Blaine :lol:
I'll admit, minus the taunting & package grab,,,, I've tried it with the Sig :D
Nope... never. :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

If it is a Walmart product I'll pass. I like the Federal ammo line, but I do not shop at Walmart.
I was sent to Alburn, Alabama in the late 80's to open a new branch for the company I was working for. They were in the groundbreaking process of a Walmart Superstore. 3 years later, when I was moved again, The downtowns of both Alburn and Opelika, which were filled with wonderful family businesses when I arrived, were boarded up ghost towns. Walmart killed both business communities.
K1500
Levergunner 2.0

Post by K1500 »

Repackaged federal fusion with a funny name. Like I said, there are enough high performing items out there I don't need to buy THUG ammo, Nugent Ammo, or zombie anything to get something that works in the field. Have fun being a THUG! :D
hayabusa
Levergunner 2.0

Post by hayabusa »

I may be stupid-behind the times-ignorant-generation or two gap, but names like that turn me off on products.
I know that it must be smart marketing and makes maybe new or young folk who play a lot of video games take interest and try a new or repackaged product out which they might have overlooked if not for the catchy name. THUG or ZOMBIE, just like the range targets.

Or I might just be out of touch with reality since I don't watch hardly any tv, just action/suspense movies. :lol:

busa
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

hayabusa wrote:I may be stupid-behind the times-ignorant-generation or two gap, but names like that turn me off on products.
I know that it must be smart marketing and makes maybe new or young folk who play a lot of video games take interest and try a new or repackaged product out which they might have overlooked if not for the catchy name. THUG or ZOMBIE, just like the range targets.

Or I might just be out of touch with reality since I don't watch hardly any tv, just action/suspense movies. :lol:

busa
You are quite normal.....I'll admit to buying a bunch of "Choot Em" 22mag during the crisis a few years back...

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

buckeyeshooter wrote:If it is a Walmart product I'll pass. I like the Federal ammo line, but I do not shop at Walmart.
I was sent to Alburn, Alabama in the late 80's to open a new branch for the company I was working for. They were in the groundbreaking process of a Walmart Superstore. 3 years later, when I was moved again, The downtowns of both Alburn and Opelika, which were filled with wonderful family businesses when I arrived, were boarded up ghost towns. Walmart killed both business communities.
I do understand your sentiments and feelings.
Just keep in mind Walmart is about the last holdout department store to still sell guns & ammo.
It wasn't that many years ago you could pickup guns & ammo. in every Sears, Wards, Kmart
and every other store you can remember. Heck I bought my Savage model 99 in a long gone local
jewelry store (Jewel Core) back in the early 70's. The local automotive stores were a great place
to pickup a couple boxes of shells for an afternoon of clays shooting.
I find it very hard to blame Walmart for the demise of this.
I praise them for hanging in there. I have a gut feeling it won't be for much longer.
Then we'll be down to the Cabelas, Basspro's, Dick's & mail order.
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by buckeyeshooter »

Well of the bunch. I do shop Cabela's. Not only for firearms and outdoor supplies but most of my casual clothes too.
I do hold Walmart responsible because they lowered prices until the small folks folded, then raised the prices higher than they had ever been. Then buy there or go down the interstate 20 miles to the next town with a grocery or store.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Did they try to have Mike Tyson be the spokesperson, and he just couldn't say "Slugs"?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost