Elmer Keith discussed in a recent podcast

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Cheyenne
Levergunner

Elmer Keith discussed in a recent podcast

Post by Cheyenne »

Hi Guys,

I had a friend of mine contact me and let me know that Elmer Keith was discussed in this week's Cracked podcast. I don't normally read or listen to Cracked, in fact, I don't really know how to even described Cracked.

Anyway, this week's podcast is about the "Epic Lives of People You've Never Heard Of" and Elmer Keith happens to be one of those people. (While the Cracked audience has never heard of him, we, of course, have already been enlightened.)

They only discuss him for a minute or two and talk about his hand injury, his long range shooting, and his contribution to cartridge development. The discussion is more about being humorous than accurate and one or two F-bombs occur, but I still think its pretty cool that he is even mentioned. I like seeing his name pop up in such an unpredictable place by people who you would not expect to know about him. Its nice to get his name out there and possibly get a new audience interested in Keith and the shooting sports as a whole.

The link is below (I hope that's allowed) and the Keith bit starts at about 17:30.
https://soundcloud.com/crackedpod/unkno ... es/s-8Ejq7