Went to the 2014 NRA Convention

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Went to the 2014 NRA Convention

Post by AJMD429 »

...and bought 1/20th of a Ruger Scout Rifle (via five tickets at the "Wall of Guns" donation lottery). Unfortunately one of the others who bought the right one of the 100 tickets actually got to take it home.

Impressive funds-raising thing, though - they sell 100 tickets at $20 each, then draw a winner that entitles the holder to pick one of about 40 top-end ($1,000 retail) firearms, or two mid-range ($500) ones. They were drawing for a gun about every ten minutes. Even if they had to buy those guns retail, that's about $100/hour they were raising. Of course to book the Convention Center and Lucas Oil Stadium they would probably have to be paying some multiple of $10,000 a minute.

Website Link -- http://www.nraam.org/

If any of you go, and have a 'Smart Phone', the "2014 NRA Convention App" from the Google PlayStore is really helpful in finding exhibitor booths and mapping out a plan.

Gosh - they are even on Facebook (Julie Golob posted a video that is followed by her shooting valentine's day candy-hearts with a 9mm S&W that is kind of cool).

SmartPhone NRA Convention App - http://nra2014.nraam.org/landing/

It was 'huge' as they always are. Lots of neat stuff. Got to talk to the bald British-accent-guy who is on all the Beowulf videos at Alexander Arms.

I'd hoped Bighorn Armory would have a booth, but they didn't.

Unfortunately for my pocket-book, these guys were - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... CGUzLyW_hU

http://bullseyecamera.com/media/PDFWHRe ... Camera.pdf
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Went to the 2014 NRA Convention

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm glad you got the chance to go - I attended the last meeting the NRA held in Boston, many moons ago. It was a blast.

BTW - I'm not surprised at the absence of Bighorn Armory. I've recently started to hear bad things about the company not delivering on customer's deposits.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... orn+armory

Last edited by Pete44ru on Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pete44ru wrote:BTW - I'm not surprised at the absence of Bighorn Armory. I've recently started to hear bad things about the/the company.
I've seen several posts on various forums from people who own them, and of course the usual gun magazine write-ups, so they are out there; of course they could all be paid fakers (the posts, not the gun magazine writers - we know they are all kind of biased towards saying good things).
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

DadsMod12
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DadsMod12 »

3 hour drive to get there. 2 3/4 hours to drive home. 6+ hours of pure fun, except when a couple of companies asked me to move on or stop drooling on the guns. The Ohio Gun Collectors exhibit was excellent - lots of levers!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Anyway, here's the "Wall of Guns" raffle pics...
Wall of Guns - 1s.jpg
Wall of Guns - 2s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

I've been to two, one in Nashville and one in Louisville.

Louisville show has a LOT of seminars about bp. Although I did not dress up/down, our attendees in rendezvous gear got a many strange looks.

But then, most of those peculiar looks were coming from the plastic gun crowd.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I had planned/hoped on going for almost a full year. In March I realized between two weeks of business travel, one before and one after, on top of 6 straight weeks of business travel, I wasn't going to be able to attend. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Next year we will have to organize a Leverguns rendezvous point/time. I know that many don't want to advertise their absence from home but a broadcast point and time for the get together could give us a chance to meet. I was there, I know of a couple of other people who were there...

Next year is at Nashville. What say you all?
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Ms. J & I would definitely consider it.
Awsome idea 8)
DadsMod12
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DadsMod12 »

If my work schedule allows I'm in.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Me too. I always liked Tennessee. More hills than Indiana. Probably not as many guns, though. . . :twisted: