OT-New .22 problem

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

OT-New .22 problem

Post by Jason_W »

I bought a new Savage Mark II (that accutrigger is really cool) and it's real accurate, but It doesn't seem to like to feed from the magazine into the chamber :x

I guess I'll call the company. I hope it's an easy fix because I really like the gun otherwise.
Scott64A
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Scott64A »

:? It desn't like to feed from the magazine to the chamber? That's because it's a Savage...

That's normal.
:wink:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

With any rimfire I'd always try several different brands of ammo. You should even try different kinds of ammo made by the same maker.

Several years ago when I had an FFL I was selling a little .22 pistol called a Jennings J-22. I sold dozens of them and they all worked great with Federal lightening ammo. One guy I sold a pistol to complained over and over about the gun, saying it wouldn't feed. I tried to tell him about the ammo but he wouldn't believe me. He said he was using the best ammo there was... CCI Mini Mags. I went to his job site where he was working doing land clearing and asked him where's the pistol. He had it in his glove box with four or five rounds of the CCI stuff loose in the box. I stuffed them in the mag and sure enough, no go. every one had to be cycled by hand to get it in the chamber. he stood there smiling. I took a box of the Federal out of my pocket and loaded the mag with them and popped them off so fast they sounded like a machine gun. I then smiled back and handed him the box of Federals and the pistol. Problem solved.

Gob Bless and Happy Trails,

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

I was trying CCI subsonics (man those are accurate little buggers and quite too).

If I load 5 rounds into the 10 round mag, 4 will feed and the last one won't. If I put more than 5 in, none will feed.

It's weird.

Could it be a defective magazine?
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

It's brand new, right? You should be calling Savage customer service, for the answer.
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

jdad wrote:It's brand new, right? You should be calling Savage customer service, for the answer.
I plan to when I get home today.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Try workin' the LEVER harder, Jason ! :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Jason_W wrote:I was trying CCI subsonics (man those are accurate little buggers and quite too).
Those CCI subsonics are "quiet" as well! :wink:

Jason, don't put up with that. It's new - have Savage make it right. No point plunking down hard-earned cash and putting up with problems right out of the box. Hopefully it is just the magazine - can you obtain a spare from the place you got the rifle to test out that theory?

Good luck! :D
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

Semi-Autos are crankier than red headed stepmoms :P I take that back....My old Browning .22 Auto is Butter~
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

SUBSONICS may shoot good in a Single Shot but due to the shorter length they seldom feed in other types of actions. Most do not notice enough accuracy advantage to deal with constant misfeeds.