You Snoozed---I Won

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

You Snoozed---I Won

Post by Sixgun »

Yes, you guys snoozed on the screaming deal my son offered on the classified on his Win-Jap 1892 in 45 Long Colt. He only wanted 9 bills shipped and insured and it came with a $150 Tang sight.

Condition is like new in box with a couple of scratches near the heal of the stock. He told me he shot one box of factory ammo out of it.

He asked me and was puzzled why no one bought it and I told him I guess no one was paying attention. I told him to add a couple of hundred to the price and stick it on Guns America.

You guys know I'm no fan of imported guns but I have also said the Miroku guns are the best Leverguns ever made, outclassing the Italian junk 20-1.

Anyway, I stop at the post office after work to get the mail and the post office lady tells me, "you have another gun waiting for you". I was a bit perplexed and after accepting the box, I noticed the return name on the box.......same as mine. :D

A few hours later my son calls to ask if I got the box and continues with, "I have too many guns around here and I need to make room for some new entries, including this LWRC "Reaper" and Ruger AR .308 and that if someone would have offered $600 I would have taken it but you like this stuff so you can have it for free. THATS MY BOY! :D He is such a fine young man-----6

Oh! My first Jap gun.

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

arjunky
Levergunner 3.0

Re: You Snoozed---I Won

Post by arjunky »

You done good. :mrgreen:

Byron
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

YEP, you can say that again.

Since your so fond of those JAP rifles now, how about I trade you even for a 7.7 Jap Arisaka!

:mrgreen: I really need to check out the classifieds on here more, but I am taking the wife on an Alaskan Cruise for our 25th Anniversary this year so I keep trying to ignore temptations, and then here you go flaunting it in front of me! :cry:
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

I wasn't snoozin' Jack , i saw that on there when he posted up and in a normal year, would have given him the full ride in a minute --- 900 was a good price :) -- Beautiful rifle

-- Sadly, -- i havent had a normal year and have even had to sell a few :cry:

Cry me a river, i know --- stuff happens ----- I'll bounce back , i look at it as like when the forestry service burns out a field in order for it to grow back fuller and richer the next year
----- Doug
BigSky56
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BigSky56 »

Jack you need to load up some cast running about 30K cup and come out and whack a cat with me the hot load is just in case we run into a grizz while poking around the AO. danny

Doug the pi$$ fir willies around here that do the timber sale burns call that: cut it flat, burn it black, grow it back. danny
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Couple of scratches?

That receiver is so scatched up it looks like somebody drug it down a road...

But still...

It's kinda nice.

:wink:

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Streetstar, I hear ya. Around the first of the year my play stash of cash would barely be enough to fill up the gas tank on the Jeep so I did pretty good in January and Feb. unloading stuff right here and a few on Guns America.

I'm almost ready to play again on the local auction circuit and Horsesoldier.....if that Jap Arisaka is a paratrooper fold down, it's a deal!

Byron...stay tuned.

Oh, while we are yapping, anybody interested in a pair of never installed real deal India Sambar stag grips for an 1860 Colt Army for a buck and a half? I bought these 15 years ago for that price thinking they were for a Ruger Super Blackhawk and got fooled. These are $300 grips...if you can find them.----6

BrentD

Post by BrentD »

Congratulations - not for the free gun, but for the great kid. The gun was just a bonus.

And, while I have no interest in new made rifles, there certainly seem to be no flies on that rifle. Of course on day, it will be coming back to him.

As it should.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Thanks guys. I am very proud of my son. He's a better man than I am and he is just a youngster at uh hh....gotta think.....weird when you start getting old...lemme see...born some time at the end of '72............41?

Danny, hanging out with you is definitely on my bucket list, while I'm still in fairly good shape.......chasin' cats. The Jap gun would not fit in on something like that....that calls for an original lightweight 86 in 45-90 with a single action Colt.....just the way Teddy did it :D ---6

madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

:mrgreen:

An awesome gun given by an awesome guy to an awesome guy.

Awesome!

Congrats 6 for the fine gun and fine son!
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Some times the guys just don't get it.
I offered a straight grip Marlin in .375 and the only guy who bit lowballed,
This was before the current madness.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Special gun now. :)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Pretty scratches on that rifle. And, yeah... sometimes kids really surprise ya! In a good way!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Good on him - You gotcha a good'un, there. . :)

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Happy for you 6. The rifle is nice but a son to be proud of is a treasure.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
w30wcf
Senior Levergunner

Post by w30wcf »

Sixgun wrote:Thanks guys. I am very proud of my son. He's a better man than I am and he is just a youngster at uh hh....gotta think.....weird when you start getting old...lemme see...born some time at the end of '72............41?

Danny, hanging out with you is definitely on my bucket list, while I'm still in fairly good shape.......chasin' cats. The Jap gun would not fit in on something like that....that calls for an original lightweight 86 in 45-90 with a single action Colt.....just the way Teddy did it :D ---6
Howdy Jack,
Wow! That is a beautiful rifle! .... from your wonderful son. :D

The grand old .45 Colt in a '92 can easily replicate .45-90 b.p. performance just like in Teddy's day.
457191 with a dose of H110/296 will do 1600 with ease...... :D

w30wcf
aka John Kort
aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
aka w44wcf (black powder)
NRA Life member
.22 WCF, .30 WCF, .44 WCF Cartridge Historian
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

That's a mighty good son. I'll bet the fruit don't fall to far from the tree.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I watched the sale in wonderment, just like several times a year when quality stuff is for sale and nobody grabs it. Good for You 6... :) .
Jay Bird

Post by Jay Bird »

It that post my papa said something on the terms "Can I Have it". So being if fear of my life I gave it to him. :mrgreen:
For real: at the time I was needed so cash flow for another project but ended up getting cash from the government in a "Check" since my dad has been there for me in many many many ways, thought I would pay it forward.
Many of you may think my pops is a smart butt know it all, we'll your correct. LOL!! But he also is my best friend. I was in such a low point in my life after my wife passed. I would never have be able to become the man I am today if it weren't for him answering the phone everyday. Material items are fun but family is everything.
Love you Dad

Pals,

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

WOW Six JR after that post, I had to go wash my face

I think your both fortunate to have each other

ollogger
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Man! What a day I had. Went to the match and shot up 120 rounds in "paper silhouette" :D The range was way too muddy to put out steel, so we all went to the clubhouse and shot inside. The Big Mahoffs" told us any gun with cast bullets with a velocity of 1100 or so could be used so just for the heck of it, I had an old Colt Lightning in 38-40 with me and I used that and an old CC 39 Marlin.

Shot a 51x60 in small bore for 3rd place

Shot a 52x60 in pistol caliber for second place.

I made $1,000 selling an 1892 Miroku that recently arrived in the mail.

Life is great....let's go boys! Down to the T-Bar! I'm buying! :D

Yes, there are people out there who do things like that, but not in my family, and not while I'm breathing.

My two children give me a reason for living when there are times I just don't care to. It's not all fun and games in life.......but dang!, I try to make it so!

That's a neat pic Dude. Was that the year you got your first elk? I see I was using an 86 Lightweight 45-70 so I'm guessing 2009.--------yo Papa

Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Sixgun

PM me about those grips if you think they might fit an Italian Army grip frame (Richards Mason). I'm interested.
samb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by samb »

Love that Rifle! Love the picture of you two huntin even better!
rafter-7
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rafter-7 »

Just got back from a gun show over east. This thread sounds like something that happens in this circle of gun guys here. I like the sentence of "Sold it for a grand" I mumbled as I read it yea right. and as I read on I was correct.

Old school...rule number 1

^
JB
Senior Levergunner

Post by JB »

Sixgun wrote: I made $1,000 selling an 1892 Miroku that recently arrived in the mail.
Darn, and I was going to offer you $1,200 for it :( I guess I shouldn't have snoozed.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

JB wrote:
Sixgun wrote: I made $1,000 selling an 1892 Miroku that recently arrived in the mail.
Darn, and I was going to offer you $1,200 for it :( I guess I shouldn't have snoozed.
Oh geeze JB, that was a joke. I could not sell a gun my son gave me. :D He is just going to get it back in 10 or 15 years anyway---6

vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

JB wrote:
Hmmm. I have one just like it, except it has no tang sight. Instead it has a Smith full buckhorn/ladder sight on the rear. I've shot the buffalo at the Quigley with it :D You pull the trigger....wait for it....wait for it....wait for it....and about 3 seconds later....ding

I was hoping Sixgun was gonna say we missed out because 6,jr put it on Gunbroker and got $1500.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Nice 92 Sixgun. I had one exactly like it. It was a beaut and shot with authority and accurately.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/