Drones?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Drones?

Post by wm »

http://www.economist.com/news/united-st ... ehogaflier

What do you think ....... personally I think it is fine for a pest control professional but it isn't hunting IMO
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Re: Drones?

Post by KirkD »

Here are the drones you need to worry about ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdokfLlfFSk
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Shucks, I thought that it was going to be about shooting down drones. Now THAT is going to be an up and coming sport. :wink: :mrgreen:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Leverluver wrote:Shucks, I thought that it was going to be about shooting down drones. Now THAT is going to be an up and coming sport. :wink: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: That's what I was thinking too. Just the other day I was at my local Verizon store and saw a QUADCOPTOR with a video camera built into it. The thing was so fragile looking the first thing that came to mind was, heck a .410 would bring that down.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Some small town east of Denver sells drone licenses....no limits :mrgreen:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Leverluver wrote:Shucks, I thought that it was going to be about shooting down drones. Now THAT is going to be an up and coming sport. :wink: :mrgreen:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

AJMD429 wrote:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

wm wrote:http://www.economist.com/news/united-st ... ehogaflier

What do you think ....... personally I think it is fine for a pest control professional but it isn't hunting IMO
There are always the naysayers that critique the way the other guy does it. Not saying that that's what you're doing, because you have explained your view separating pest control versus sport hunting.

I only opine because the discussion reminds me of the stand hunting versus still hunting argument. Or guns versus sharps sticks. There's always somebody who says "That ain't huntin'." :lol:

Feral hogs are a destructive pest. They must be destroyed or aggressively controlled in order to prevent millions of dollars in crop damage. Fair chase has no opinion in this campaign, it can be sport, but the root of the effort is not receational, it's about controlling a pest to protect property and livelihood.

When that first shot rings out, hogs scatter fast. Many times you can wait them out and another group will come wandering past, but that first group will move on to ravage another crop.

Any method that can be used to track movement or to identify herd locations is a plus. Without constant drives or full time scouting the animals are difficult to keep tabs on, because hogs are not territorial. They move. They'll frequent a spot until the food dries up or staying becomes unsustainable, e.g., due to hunting pressure.

IMO, depredation hunting from the air and scouting from the air using drones and elevated platforms are, and will be, valuable tools to do what must be done. For the weekend warrior, it seems like it would be a definite time saver. While he might not have to hunt as hard and as long, he'll still have to meet, dispatch, and process the mangy critter. It's using technology to short-cut an extended scouting effort.

The only thing lost from the hunting effort is time in the woods.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Baked drone??? Broil , BBQ ?? What size shot???
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Gotta practice though. They're dodgy little buggers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLLAKnVej9o