OT - Another Great American Product

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

OT - Another Great American Product

Post by Rusty »

I saw the thread on the Zippo lighters and I had forgotten I had meant to let y'all know about this one too. In 1980 I bought a Stanley Aladdin thermos bottle. I've carried the thing to work in all kinds of trucks in all kinds of weather and it had been faithful all along. Well about a month ago I was filling it up to go to work one night and I noticed bubbles coming up into my coffee. It finally gave up the ghost. I called Aladdin in Tenn. and got a recorded message. they said to just give them my name and address and tell them what product I was reporting. there is no longer even any reason to send them the faulty product back. well a week and a half later here comes the brown truck with a brand new 1 qt thermos bottle. what a deal.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Guess I've got yet another call to make...
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BlaineCGarverakaTubbyTuba »

Add to that list, please, Nelson-Rigg...Maker of motorcycle luggage. They have sent me a new waterproof cover twice, free of charge. Once when I merely lost it thru carelessness and a second when I just wore it out. I tried to pay both times and the nice lady just laughs and sez lifetime warrenty means just that!! Old AhPoo at Dell ain't that nice :P
---------------------
www.levergunluvers.com

MOLAN LABE

DEMOCRATS: PORK OVER PATRIOTISM
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

I posted the item re zippo. Nice to hear there are still some great manufacturers out there that stand behind their products. this is the best advertisement they can get. Lets keep spreading the word of these great companies. I wasn't aware of either companies mentioned, now I do and will support them when and if I need either of their products. Anybody else have another company to add?
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

The screw that attaches the loading gate on my Marlin 1894CB broke, Called Marlin and had a screw within a few days. No charge and no questions asked, just what sounded like a sweet young lady on the other side of the phone :D
Nothing better than an American Company that tries to put out a good product.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OT - Another Great American Product

Post by C. Cash »

Rusty wrote:I saw the thread on the Zippo lighters and I had forgotten I had meant to let y'all know about this one too. In 1980 I bought a Stanley Aladdin thermos bottle. I've carried the thing to work in all kinds of trucks in all kinds of weather and it had been faithful all along. Well about a month ago I was filling it up to go to work one night and I noticed bubbles coming up into my coffee. It finally gave up the ghost. I called Aladdin in Tenn. and got a recorded message. they said to just give them my name and address and tell them what product I was reporting. there is no longer even any reason to send them the faulty product back. well a week and a half later here comes the brown truck with a brand new 1 qt thermos bottle. what a deal.

Rusty <><
Great service and I'm glad they did good by you, but I just wish they wern't made in China. Noticed that nearly all the RCBS products that I looked over are also made in China....even the plastic powder funnels. For awhile there it seems like you could still find US made plastics. I know.......getting old whining about it but I am angry that someone has to get just a little richer by moving operations overseas. Ought to be treason. :x Brother Rusty....didn't mean to pee on your thread, and I feel better now :)
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Marlin did me so right on my son's 15YN "Little Buckeraoo" (I posted about it in the old forum).

Keep these coming - I love "happy customer" stories. Let's me know where to spend my hard-earned cash.

Well, I also love the "P-O'd customer" stories too - lets me know who to avoid!!! :wink:
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Oh Brother Cash, you are so right. I didn't see that on the botom of the bottle until you post this and I just had to go look.

I am sooooo sad.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.