OT Zippo warranty. We need more like it.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

OT Zippo warranty. We need more like it.

Post by iceman »

I just received my 2 Zippo lighters back from them for repair. One had a broken spring for the thingy that keeps the lid closed, and a looose hinge. The other was missing the insides because airport security claims they are too dangerous. I told them to bill me for the new insides since it wasn't a warranty issue in my opinion. Both lighters came back with new insides (along with the old one) and both had their hinges replaced. Grand total $0.00. Now that's service, and pride in workmanship.
Happiness is a comfortable stump on a sunny south facing mountain.
Cimarron Red
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Cimarron Red »

Iceman,

If you're ever in Bradford, Pa., stop at the Zippo/Case visitor's center. It's well worth the time.
CanadianCowboy
Levergunner

Post by CanadianCowboy »

I am goign to have to look into this, I have my grand dad's old Zippo he brought with im from germany when he emigrated in the 40's, it is rough but I woudl love to have it working again
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Thanks for sharing. If we want companies to continue to stand behind their products and give excellent customer service, we need to always share these stories - and give them our business. All companies exist to earn a profit. If providing top notch service and products is profitable, they will do so. It's our responsibility we we like their products and services to show them - with our hard-earned dollars. It is the best "vote of confidence" a company can get! :)
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Zippo's Forver!

Post by LeverBob »

Iceman...that's typical of Zippo.

When I was a kid, I worked after school in my Pa's auto repair shop.
One day he broke his umpteenth lighter and decided that he would test Zippos' lifetime guarantee. So.....he stuck it under one of his customers car tires & rolled over it. He boxed it up & sent it off. 15 days later a box from Zippo came in the mail containing a new lighter with a note saying they have never seen a lighter that thin :D and thanking him for using their lighters. :shock:

Still have the Zippo he gave me before I went to Nam'. I'll never forget him or the Zippo lighter co.

LeverBob
True Story.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

Leverbob I was aware of this. I have sent other lighters back to them. Just thought I would share with the rest.
iceman
Senior Levergunner

Post by iceman »

canadian cowboy there nolonger is a Canadian factory (was in Niagara Falls) Just mail to Zippo Repair Clinic, 1932 Zippo Drive, Bradford PA 16701 USA. Include a note with your return address and contact # ie phone and or email address and they will fix it right up for you.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Thanks for this, I've got my dad's Zippo... I had one but lost it about the time I quit smoking in 1975.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I have a Zippo that belonged to my grandfather. He died in 1963 and this thing is still as good as new. I don't use it and never have but it sure is nice to take it off the shelf from time to time and hear that nice clear crisp click.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
k8bor
Levergunner 2.0

Post by k8bor »

Marine Corps 1967. I had a zippo that I took to Viet Nam that I had engraved with a bunch of who knew what. (everbody did that back then). When I got back to the states I screwed up and dropped the thing under the wheel of a deuce-and-a-half that was backing up in an asphalt parking lot and my lighter ended up looking like a huge nickel-colored poker chip. As more of a joke than anything else, I sent it to zippo, and not only did they send me a brand new lighter, but some dedicated soul at their factory spent a lot of time working the old lighter case back into shape. They returned it with a letter saying they were sorry they couldn't return the old one to service, but hoped their repair job would at least retain some of my memories. Whatta place. The lighter's been misplaced since then, but zippo lighter company can do no wrong in my book.

de k8bor

dave
de k8bor

Dave
Slick13
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT Zippo warranty. We need more like it.

Post by Slick13 »

Just a quick note about Zippo and Case. They support shooters and sponsor two registered ATA trap shoots at the Bradford Gun Club each years. The Zippo in June and the Case Knife Labor day weekend.

~Michael
jazman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by jazman »

I love Zippos and have had the same experience with the company, they fully stand behind their products. One caveat, if you send one back that has collector value ask them to return it with the original insert. Otherwise their customer service is so good they will replace the insert with a new one and sometimes send some flints and in the old days fluid. A collector Zippo needs to have the original insert. Easy to get hooked on these, I became a collector at one point and still have a few hundred. No better lighter on earth.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly"
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

The Zippo/ Case Vistor center is really is worth the time. I have a cabin outside Bradford, PA and every time we go the boys bug me about stopping. Hoping the can talk me into a new pocket knife :D

The self-guided tour is really interesting. There is a video station that has a running total of what they call Zippo moments. They try to keep track of Each time a Zippo is seen in a movie or tv show. It's in the thousands.

There's also several letters on the wall from people like General Eisenhower and Admiral King thanking Zippo for there products and their war time efforts.

Neat place!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
pharmseller
Senior Levergunner

Post by pharmseller »

I wish the warranty on ME was that good!

Quinn
We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other.

General George C. Marshall, 1942
Tomcatt57
Levergunner

Post by Tomcatt57 »

Back when I smoked, about 15 yrs ago. I was driving an 18 wheeler ( still am ) and got out of the truck at a loading dock. When I did my lighter fell out. I got back in the truck and backed to the dock. Later I was looking for my lighter and found it in the road. It had been run over by an 80,000 lb truck. I sent it to Zippo and told them I had run over it with my truck. They sent it back good as new. In fact it was new. They just replaced it.
Tomcatt :wink:
20cows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 20cows »

Though, I've never been a smoker, I carry a Zippo just like I carry a pocket knife.

You never know when you'll need to start a fire. :wink: