Sellers remorse

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Sellers remorse

Post by wvfarrier »

I'm sure most of us have sold or traded a gun we later wish we had not. Here is mine. Smith and Wesson performance center 627-5. Engraved by Howard Barnett. Ahrends grips made from Piqua marfim (near impossible to get now).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: Sellers remorse

Post by Old Savage »

B92 in .357 Mag.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

Nearly every one I've sold or traded I have regretted at one point or another. Don't plan on parting with any from now on.
NRA Life Member
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Colt 1911 "Super 38" made in 1951 with high polish blue; plead temporary insanity on that one.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

FA Casull, Early "Field Grade" with Rosewood grips rather than the later Paychmars.... :cry:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

The only guns that I have ever regretted selling were all S&W Revolvers; 2 were both stainless S&W 629 and the other was a S&W 586 in nickel.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

ROTFLMAO ! - Talking about seller remorse - There's at least 6 different guns, that I've sold & bought back years later.
Three of the six even had the same SN (a Ruger #1, a Winchester M70FW, & a Marlin 39a); and one ( a 3-screw Ruger SBH) that I bought back THREE times ! :o

(It's a sickness, I know)

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

This may not qualify.................... but...................
The S&W model 51 the ex got off with........... still steamed about that one.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Only one, Colt Combat Commander - Satin Nickel.
That Smith was ugly anyhow. :lol: :arrow:
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Oh, where to start?

Winchester Russian Musket, I had two didn't think it would be so hard to replace. :evil:
Model '92 SRC in .25 WCF with factory button Mag.
Canadian military proofed model 94.
12 Browning High Powers with different property markings, proofs, shoulder stocks.
19 British Enfields. Still have the best of them but not the first.
Perfect Chilean 1895 7mm Mauser.
10 mm Delta Elite. S&W 625 w/ 4" barrel.
Seven British Enfield revolvers of various manufacturers.
Belgian Browning BLR in .308 & a S&W model 65 ( the Ice Queen got those).
I could go on but this is going to make me very sad.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I've sold a lot of guns and only a few bothered me as anything that can be replaced is no biggie.

There's the 85% Colt Bisley in 38-40 that I sold for $400......but the year was 1975.

That's about it and when I think about it, the Colt Bisley don't really bother me as it's been replaced by nicer stuff.

What I really regret was the M-1 WW2 Thompson that I could have had for $750 but the state police would not sign the papers.. Good thing as I was just a punk kid of 21 in 1975 and I probably would have done something stupid with it.

Ooooo, wait a minute......the same guy who had the Thompson had Pretty Boy Flood's Thompson which was documented for 3500. It might as well been 2 million as I had no money in those days.........oooooooooooo.....what I should have begged, robbed, and stole was the military Henry that I had my hands on at Dom DiPlacido's gun shop back in 1981. He told me, "you can have it for 4500".

I remember that gun well, it is a 45,000 gun today.

But......some things pan out.... I was over this old timers house in the mid seventies and I remember him showing me this humongous Lever action rifle. At the time I had no idea what it was but 37 years later I meet up with the guys son who shows me this gun at a gunshow. I did not know that this guy was the old timers son but I remembered the gun and told him, "are you so and so's son"?

He said, "yea, are you so and so?" I bought the rifle, a special order 30" buffalo weight barreled 1881 Marlin in 40-60 Marlin with a weight of 12.5 pounds. While I was at it, he sold me the Colt Lightning serial number 58. I tell ya, fate is real. Those guns find me.

I remember in those days that I had to scrimp and save to buy smokes and a case of beer on payday.

Well, I gotta go to the airport and pick up my son. There gonna be major fun this weekend! :D ----6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

There's many, but two really gnaw on me
99 Savage in 22-250 & a 284

ollogger
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Don't get me started on that topic. I may wake up screaming in the middle of the night.

Easy come, easy go I guess.
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Never a regret. I'm pretty pragmatic about them.....they're just "things". I'm just a temporary caretaker.
I know a whole lot about very little and nothing about a whole lot.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

jdad,
THAT is a really healthy attitude!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I've tried multiple times to re purchase it but the bugger just won't let it go
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

1) Pretty nice FAL variant
2) Factory folder Mini-14
3) Ruger PC-9 9mm carbine (was cheap when I bought it , but now seems to have a cultlike following -- cant find one for less than $7 or 800 anywhere )
4) Ruger Stainless .45 Colt Blackhawk, 7.5" barrel
--- (hmmm - lots of Rugers here so far)
5) Weatherby Vanguard in .300 WBY mag -
6) A bit ticked about letting an older Winchester "Defender" shotgun go a few years back-- they are not too expensive, but rarely turn up now -- I liked the fact that the extended mag tube ran all the way to the end of the barrel flush, and didn't require a screw on mag extension like the Remingtons I now have
7) a real nice Taurus .44 Spl snubbie
8) Parkerized Colt Lawman .357 (sold it to my brother , but I was able to buy it back from him years later)

Those are the ones I have or had a twinge of seller's remorse for ---- countless others I could care less, they have hopefully gone to homes that will appreciate them more than I did --- except for the Factoy folder Mini, none were high dollar guns at the time, but they would now cost hundreds more to replace than when i sold them
----- Doug
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Seller's remorse, yes I have a few:

S&W 610
S&W 624 44 Spec'l. 3" Lew Horton Special
S&W 629 44 Magnum, 3" Lew Horton Special
US M1917 100% Eddystone parts, blued not parked
Cimmarron Henry, .44-40 WCF
Browning BBR heavy barreled "Varminter", 7mm-08
Browning 1886 carbine, blued
Colt 1911A1, still in WW II shipping box and unfired
Colt Gold Cup made in the late 1950's
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
K1500
Levergunner 2.0

Post by K1500 »

I almost sold a 329pd earlier this year to fund a Delta Elite. I am glad I didn't as I would miss the 329 a lot.
jamesgpobog
Levergunner

Post by jamesgpobog »

I had a Norinco Type 56 AK-47 in .223 that was a real shooter. Loved that thing.They got banned here in the Workers Paradise of SoCal, so I replaced it with a milled and screwed SKS that after a trigger job and Tech Sights once put 2 bullets in ONE hole at 100 yards. Keeping it.
Si vis pacem para bellum
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Have not seen ( heard "the Ice Queen " ) rear her head in quite some time.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

S&W Model 66 2 1/2" bbl. service revolver... :(
86er
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 86er »

Two in particular:
A Savage 99 in 308 that my uncle gave me when I was a kid. He never used it and so I somehow thought it was a second-rate rifle or cartridge. 20 years later it bothered me. I contacted a guy a used to work with and asked him if he knew how to get in touch with the other guy I sold it to. He did, and I bought it back for a little more than I sold it for, minus the scope that had been removed and lost.

A Marlin 80DL that was the rifle I used for NRA Light Rifle Expert and hunted with as a kid. My Uncle gave me that one also. I sold it among others to buy a rifle my sons could use. Always sort of missed that rifle and had regrets. 8 yrs later a gun store in another State contacted me to see if it was stolen (it did not have a serial # but I had my name and number under the buttplate. I purchased it back for $25 less than I sold it for, and it was still in perfect shape.

Most of the others were sold with a lot of thought involved and I feel comfortable that it was the right decision. I think of a few now and then but I have no regrets.
Professional Hunter
http://www.TARSPORTING.com
"Worldwide Hunting Adventures"

Professional Hunters Assoc of South Africa
SCI - Life Member
NRA - Life Member
NAHC - Trophy Life Member
DWWC - Member
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

Not one but two Winchester model 21, custom 3 barrel sets. This was a very HEATED topic between my family and relatives. It's been over 30 years since I gave them up and to this day it still stings! :evil:

Mainehunter :wink:
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

never sold a firearm. Have sold some incredible fishing reels, but make a point not to have remorse.

As far as the OP and that jaw-dropping revolver, What were you thinking?
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

In about '70 I traded off a Nickel Plated Model 10 S&W. Supposedly belonged to the Police Chief of Compton, CA (have no provenance, but he wasn't famous either!). My regret was so deep, I haven't sold or traded any worthwhile gun since... :(
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Post by stew71 »

None here. I've only parted with ordinary firearms that were duplicates or easily replaced. A Remington 870, a Ruger 10/22, a couple of Mosin Nagants, and a beat up old Yugo Mauser.

I have a second Liberty gunsafe being delivered this weekend so I'll more room for mo' guns. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

The two New Frontiers, 45 and 44 that I had.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sick to death I traded off a BFR 10" 45-70......In the 70s I went through a series of Savage/Fox doubles I wish I still had......Otherwise, no regrets......I have another half dozen I'd like to send on their way, and a couple more 1911s to pick up.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

I think you would like my 1911 in .357 SIG.
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

ollogger wrote:There's many, but two really gnaw on me
99 Savage in 22-250 & a 284

ollogger
Ouch :|
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Believe it or not, it was a Colt Accurized AR15 with a scope made for it. It was the best coyote rifle I have ever had. I thought it was to heavy. :roll: RR7
"That'll Be The Day"
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

My only remorse is selling a Ruger Old Army and LLama 380 without shooting either of them. Miss my Inland M1 Carbine, but got a Marlin Golden 39M for $75 to replace it the following fall.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Mescalero wrote:I think you would like my 1911 in .357 SIG.
Replaced my super 38 with a lightweight commander in 9x23 from Terry Tussey.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Six guns stolen. So it ain't seller's remorse. One was returned... 3-screw Ruger BH... but it looked like somebody tried draggin' it down the road, sights down! Traded it off for a Marlin 336 that I gave my dad. A member here sold me a replacement to the Winchester 64A, that was in better condition than the stolen one when I won it, (the raffle ticket was all of 5$) NEW, some 37 years later! Eventually, I'll get the other 4 replaced... hopefully in time to enjoy them!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

I stay about three quarters mad about every one I ever parted with, was stolen from lost , give away & so on.

Mutt
92&94
Senior Levergunner

Post by 92&94 »

TedH wrote:Nearly every one I've sold or traded I have regretted at one point or another. Don't plan on parting with any from now on.
Same here.
Conductor
Levergunner

Post by Conductor »

Old Savage wrote:B92 in .357 Mag.
Back in 1986 the company I worked for went under, and I had to sell some of my guns to keep up with the mortgage and other bills. One of the guns I sold was a Browning B92 in .357, which I sold to the former sheriff here who is now deceased.
About 2 months ago, a young fellow came into the gun store where I work, and during our conversation I found out that he was the son of the afore-mentioned former sheriff.
To make a long story short, he ended up selling me the B92. It's a super gun, and I am really glad to get it back.