Value of BLR in 257 Roberts?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
czech
Levergunner

Value of BLR in 257 Roberts?

Post by czech »

Hi:

I recently picked up a Browning BLR Model 81 in .257 Roberts. I love the caliber and figure it will be close to the perfect deer and antelope rifle, but I'm so used to bolt-action rifles, I might end up selling it.

My question is, what do you think this rifle is worth? The blueing is perfect, the bore is bright and shiny, and the wood has above average grain and figure. There are a number of scratches in the varnish of the stock, but that is the only fault. It has an old Bushnell Trophy 3x9 scope on it, and if I keep it I'll replace it with a quality 2x7.

Anyhow, if anyone has an idea of its worth I'd appreciate your reply.
Jayhawker
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jayhawker »

A BLR chambered for the Bob? Who cares what they say it's worth. It's a keeper!
Well done is better than well said.
Henry McCann
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Henry McCann »

I saw one in a sporting goods store in Great Falls Montana a few weeks ago...they had it priced at $650. I'd say 85% condition. I can't remember the scope they had on it.
"Be kind and polite to everyone you meet; but have a plan on how to kill them." General Mattis
blackhawk44
Levergunner 2.0

Post by blackhawk44 »

Caliber alone puts a .257 in the upper reaches while the stock scratches bring it down some. Probably looking at $650-800.

I'm with Jay. In case you hadn't noticed they're not terribly common. It's a Roberts. That's a keeper. Mine is!
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Should be a great rifle.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...