FS: Savage 99F "Featherweight" 300 Savage, pre mil

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

FS: Savage 99F "Featherweight" 300 Savage, pre mil

Post by TNBigBore »

This is a very nice Savage 99F "Featherweight" 300 Savage. The rifle has a 22" light weight barrel, and hand checkered walnut stocks. It is all original. No extra holes in the wood or metal. It was drilled and tapped for scope mounts from the factory and has Weaver scope bases attached. It has the lever safety. This one was made in 1959 and is one of the last Chicopee Falls rifles. This one is in very good condition. I am selling it due to a seemingly endless supply of incoming medical bills for my wife. I bought this one a few weeks ago, and had been looking for one for months. I have not even had a chance to shoot it.

The bluing is excellent except for one spot on the top of the barrel just past the forearm. There is a spot about half the size of a dime where the bluing is partially rubbed off I would guess from a sling, swivel clamp or sitting in a gun rack for years. It is not rusted or pitted; the bluing is just rubbed off. The lever still has very good case colors, but has a tiny amount of light freckling on the bottom of the lever. It is hard to see. There is a little freckling near the crown, but it does not affect the crown at all.

The wood is in very good shape with no splits, cracks or gouges at all. It does NOT have the infamous Savage Crack at the tang. There are just a few scattered light hunting scratches in the wood, but all are shallow and hard to notice. The bore is excellent.

In my opinion, this is the pinnacle of the Savage 99. The craftsmanship is superb. The balance and feel of the rifle is as close to perfect as I have even seen. It only weighs about 6.5-6.75lbs. Mount a nice light 2-7X or 1.5-5X scope on it and you will have the perfect eastern deer, hog or bear rifle. With heavier loads it will suffice for western elk hunts. The cartridge gives almost identical power to the 308 with noticeably less recoil. Just a great rifle in a great caliber.

$625 + shipping to your ffl dealer. Your ffl dealer must be willing to accept shipment from a private individual.

I do not currently have the capability of downloading digital photos, but have given an accurate description of the rifle. I will be happy to answer any questions you have about it.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

pics
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

Sorry, I cannot download photos on this comp.
DennisB
Levergunner 2.0

Post by DennisB »

Does it have the brass cartridge counter? Not sure when they changed....

Dennis.
TNBigBore
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TNBigBore »

Rifle is SOLD pending funds.

It does have the brass counter.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Less than an hour to sell. Very good!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Mike D.
***Rock Star***

Post by Mike D. »

Good deal. Too bad I missed it. :(