Black Powder Glock .45 ACP

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Black Powder Glock .45 ACP

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I would have never thought you would get enough recoil to cycle the action, but this guy decided to try it. I have seen several of his videos, he does some unusual things to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfzQ4uKvE7c
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Black Powder Glock .45 ACP

Post by AJMD429 »

Years ago the local gunsmith (back when we had one who actually knew how to repair and improve about any firearm there was) showed me a 1911 which had been modified to shoot black powder, only not as a 45 ACP, but as a muzzleloader; the slide retracted to reveal a percussion-cap nipple, nicely protected from the elements.

At the time I thought it would make a good CCW gun for a person unable to 'qualify' due to age or some 'domestic abuse' inflation, since state law then considered 'muzzleloading pistols' not to be ones requiring permits to carry in public.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

It is definitely not something that I would think would be worth while; the thought of even doing it never really even occurred to me. I guess it could give some added flair to one of GRIFFS Wild Bunch Matches! :lol:
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Me, being me, I played with BP .45 acp rounds a few years back. 50 rounds did not cause any malfunctions in a stock 1911A1. It likely would have shot quite a few more but that was all I had loaded up. Yes, it was dirty, but a quick trip thru the dishwasher (yes, I removed the grip panels), and it was clean as a whistle. A little lube and cleaning was done.

I'm always astounded by folks who thing you can't fire a smokeless cartridge loaded with BP thru a smokeless firearm. Gets dirty quick, but can be done. Now, I wouldn't try in is something like an AR with a direct gas system as a round or two would likely plug the gas tube and turn it into a single shot. Then again, there might not be enough oomph to cycle the action anyway.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Now that was a danged hoot.
You know, there's a tactical use for BP loads. Fire five and change position behind the smoke screen!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Let's face it, many of us have either tried that or wanted to try it. :lol:
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright